You might have ended up reading this article as you were searching for a Word password remover.
Well, your search ends here as we explain how to remove passwords from Word documents successfully and conveniently. Just read this article until the end.
There is absolutely no doubt about the popularity of Microsoft Word. MS Word has become the norm for Word processing, and both professional and enterprise-level users use it.
In most cases, MS Word documents can comprise highly sensitive and private information. So, many users wonder how to protect their word documents.
Well, fortunately, there is a password protection feature included in Word for this purpose. Once a Word document is password protected, it cannot be opened or modified unless you don’t know the password.
However, things can be pretty confusing and annoying if you forget the password by any chance. To open the document, you should either type the correct password or remove it from the Word document.
How to Remove Passwords from Word Documents?
As we have mentioned before, the essence of this article is about removing passwords from Word documents. Is it really possible to remove a forgotten password from an MS Word document? Is there an MS password remover tool? Let’s find it out.
Individuals can forget the password due to various reasons. In fact, as of today, we have to manage plenty of passwords for various purposes. As a result, we have a tendency to forget our passwords pretty often.
So, if you have forgotten a password used for the MS Word document, what does it mean? Does that mean that you have to forget the document and its data? Probably not.
We will reveal how to remove passwords from MS Word documents. This can be useful on two main occasions;
- You have used a password to protect a document, and now you have forgotten the password.
- Someone else has shared a password-protected document with you, and you don’t have the password.
Anyway, it would be exceptionally handy for you to know how to remove passwords from a Word document. This article explains several effective methods to remove a password from an MS Word document.
01. Remove Password Using the Original Password
Well, if you remember (know) the original password of the Word document, removing it is an exceptionally convenient process. As we believe, many Word users know how to do it.
However, for those who are absolutely novices in this subject, we will also explain this process. Mentioned below are the steps to follow to remove a password from a Word document.
- First of all, open the document that has password protection in it. Then, please enter the password so you can unlock it.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and select the option ‘Protect Document.’ Then, select ‘Encrypt with Password.’
- Now that the document is password protected, you should see the password in the box named ‘Password.’ To remove the existing password and unprotect the document, clear the password and hit OK.
That’s it, and you will be able to open the document without any password next time.
02. Use PassFab for Word (a Word Password Remover) and Remove the Password
The above option doesn’t need any extra tool to remove the password from your Word document. However, it works only if you know the respective password.
Use a Word password remover if you don’t remember the password and still need to get rid of it.
In this case, we will use a special software tool called PassFab for Word.
In fact, PassFab for Word is a simple but powerful software that is designed to remove Word passwords easily.
It can easily recover the password and unlock the document. Also, it can remove edit restrictions that are for read-only files.
Features of PassFab for Word
- It can easily remove passwords from any Word document using a single-click operation.
- It is capable of recovering any password applied to Word documents without losing existing data.
- This tool is capable of removing passwords from Word documents within 3 seconds. Once the password is removed, you can simply edit or make other modifications to the document.
- It features an excellent recovery rate with a super-fast performance.
- The advanced algorithm shows great success.
- You can stop the recovery process whenever you need and start it once again.
- It is compatible with Word documents with file extensions of .docx and .doc.
- You can download it for free, and it is compatible with Windows 7 and newer versions.
After downloading and installing this tool, you will see that it has three basic attack modes. These attack modes will be able to break all the Word passwords, no matter how complex they are.
Mentioned Below Are the Attack Modes Included in This Software.
This is a special attack mode that tries all the possible password combinations and breaks the password. The process will continue until the correct password is found.
Brute Force with Mask Attack
Brute Force with Mask Attack is a handy option for those who know a clue about the password forgotten. This option works with all the Prefix/Suffix, special characters, characters, etc.
In order to determine the password. Since you provided a clue and helped the process, you can expect the process to be completed faster.
Brute Force Attack
This is another attack mode that actually handy if you don’t remember anything at all about the lost password.
Brute Force Attack necessarily tries all the possible combinations to match the lost password. Since it tries so many possibilities, it will take longer than usual to break a password.
Mentioned Below Are the Steps to Remove a Password from a Word Document
1) First, install the PassFab for Word on the computer. Then, get the program launched on the computer and select the option called ‘Recover Word Open Password.’ This will open up the options you have to recover the passwords.
2) As the 2nd step, you can click the ‘Add‘ button and select the password-protected file. You can browse through the folders to do it.
3) Now that the protected document is opened, you should select any of the above attack modes. This should be done based on the type of password you have to break.
4) As the next step, you should do nothing but wait for the process to be completed. The program will run the algorithm and find the exact password combination within seconds.
5) At the completion of the process, you should see that a password appears on the screen itself. You can either enter the password and open the document or remove the Word password completely.
That’s basically it, and we are sure that this method is very convenient for any user.
03. Remove Password Protection for Editing
There are some Word documents that can be opened without any hassle. However, the problem arises when you try to edit it. That means those documents are password protected for editing.
As a result, you will have to provide a password to edit the respective document. As long as the document is password protected, you cannot change anything on the document.
For instance, you cannot add or delete pages or text. Also, you cannot even change the formatting of a text if you don’t have the password.
In this case, you should find a way to unlock the document, and again, PassFab for Word is best. Once the document is unlocked for editing, you can continue to do your editing as you would normally do.
Steps to Unlock the Document Using PassFab for Word.
1) First, you should install and open PassFab for Word on the computer. Then, click on the option labeled ‘Remove Word Restrict Editing‘ so you can start the process.
2) Now, you will be able to click on the option called ‘Import File.’ This option will allow you to import documents to the program to unlock.
3) Now that the file is opened, you should click on the option labeled ‘Remove.’ This process will allow you to remove the editing restrictions and get it back in editing mode.
04. Remove the Protection of the Read-Only Word Documents
When the documents have restrictions, the respective Word document can appear as a read-only one as well.
Under such circumstances, you will need a pretty unique way to get rid of the restrictions. In fact, you need a way to define the type of restriction before unlocking it.
Way to Get a Read-only Document Unlocked.
1) As the first step, you should open the MS Word document that is restricted. Then, you should click on the option ‘File’ and then ‘Save As.’ This option will save the document in a different location.
2) When the document is saved in the predefined location, you should be able to edit it. If it still has some other restrictions, you should follow the below steps.
3) Rename the file extension of the document into .zip from .docx or .doc. Then, you should click on ‘Yes’ so the file will be altered.
4) Open the saved .zip file on Windows Explorer.
5) Now, open the Word folder and go to ‘Settings.xml‘ and get it deleted. Then, you should change the respective file back into the .doc format. Now, reopen the file to see if you can edit it.
Password-protecting a document is a smart approach to assure safety of a document. Such an approach is absolutely necessary if you have sensitive or private information on the document.
However, if you forget the password by any chance, you can use the Word password remover we have mentioned. Well, we hope now you know how to remove passwords from Word documents. Please leave us a comment if you find this article to be useful.