Do you download large files through the internet due to any reason? If so, you might be very familiar with the WinRAR file format. That is because the large files are often downloaded as parts in RAR format.
More importantly, these websites often protect these RAR files using passwords. After downloading the file, when you try to open it, you are required to provide a password.
Also, there can be other RAR files created by local users that require passwords to be opened. Nevertheless, is there a WinRAR password remover?
Can you remove a password of a WinRAR file using such a tool and extract the content without a password?
Well, we have some great news for you. That means this article explains how to remove the WinRAR password.
We present you with the best WinRAR password remover and several other methods. So read this article to learn about these methods.
PS: Here is the best Excel password remover for your reference.
Some individuals already know the WinRAR password and need to know how to get rid of it. This section is just for you if you are one of those individuals.
As long as you have the password with you, removing a WinRAR password is pretty simple. All you need to do is to input it into the prompted screen, and that’s it. Once the password is entered, you can easily view all the WinRAR file’s content.
You don’t need to use a third-party tool or any complex process to accomplish this task. This can be done with the WinRAR app itself. Once the password is entered, you can extract the protected RAR archives.
How to Remove WinRAR Password if You Already Know the Password.
01. Make sure you download and install the WinRAR app if you haven’t done it already. Then, you should open the app to see the software’s main screen.
02. You should now open the RAR file (which is password protected) inside the software on the computer. Once the respective file is opened, you should click on the button labeled ‘Extract.’ This will start extracting the archive.
03. Now, you should enter the password (which you already know) to start extracting the RAR file. Then, you should press the button labeled ‘OK’. The program will check whether the password you have entered is correct or wrong.
04. If you have entered the correct password, the program will automatically start to extract the files from the archive.
After the extraction, you can right-click on the extracted files. Then, you can even create a new WinRAR archive using this software. When creating this new archive, you should not use a password to protect it.
That’s it. Once the archive is created without a password, you can simply extract it easily. However, if you are concerned about the security of the information, you can simply use a password once again.
As you might have noticed, this process doesn’t require a third-party WinRAR password remover. The entire process is pretty simple. But you should remember that this process doesn’t work if you don’t know the password already.
As mentioned, the previous method works only when you know the password. However, if you have completely forgotten the password, you should go for an advanced option. In this section, we will explain a tool called PassFab for RAR.
In the previous process, we didn’t have to worry much as we used the WinRAR application. However, when there is password protection, it requires an advanced, powerful solution. To make it happen, we use PassFab for RAR.
When you don’t remember the password of the WinRAR file, the app will not allow you to access archives. Instead, it will keep asking for the password every time you want to access the archive.
In this case, you will have to seek the assistance of a professional third-party application. This is exactly when an app like PassFab for RAR becomes handy.
PassFab for RAR is an excellent solution that can easily remove passwords from password-protected RAR files. It utilizes multiple methods to remove password-protected passwords from WinRAR archives.
PassFab for RAR has three different attack modes to utilize when you need to unlock a RAR file. Below are the steps you should follow to get rid of the passwords from WinRAR files.
01. First, you should visit the official website of PassFab for RAR. Then, you should download the respective app and install it on your computer. This respective software supports all the versions of Windows (from Windows 7 to 11).
02. Now, you should launch the app on your computer. Click on the icon labeled ‘Add‘. This option will allow you to add the password-protected WinRAR file to the WinRAR interface.
You should then decide the attack mode from the available list. This list will be shown on the screen, so you have to pick one to match your requirement. Then, you should click on the button labeled ‘Start‘.
03. The software will now utilize the selected attack and start cracking the password. You should give the software some time to decode the password. The time it takes might vary depending on the complexity of the password.
So, be patient until the password is cracked. Then, once the password is found, the result will be displayed on the screen. It will be displayed on the software after the message ‘Congratulations! The password has been found successfully.’
04. You can now copy this password (simply by pressing the button labeled ‘Copy’). Then, you should paste the same into the password box when prompted (when extracting the WinRAR file. You can simply extract the files now and use them as you wish. If not, you can create a new archive using those extracted files, but don’t use a password this time.
You should follow those steps to remove the WinRAR password if you don’t know the password.
As we believe, PassFab for RAR is the best WinRAR password remover for obvious reasons. It is simple to use, effective, fast, and hassle-free. But, if you still want to try another method, read the last option we explain.
Although PassFab for RAR is the perfect method to remove a WinRAR password, there are other options. For instance, you can use Notepad (a text editor) and remove the password from a RAR archive. However, this method is not as friendly as the previous option we have mentioned.
When you open a RAR file inside a built-in Notepad application, it displays nothing but some weird text. However, this text can be used to open a RAR file that has password protection.
So, despite the weirdness of the text you will see, opening RAR files with Notepad is useful. You will need to find a specific text string and tweak it a little bit. Once the tweak is done correctly, you can open the RAR file without a password.
If you need to know how to do that (without using a Winrar password remover tool), if you wonder how to bypass the WinRAR password, just read on.
01. As the first step, you should find the RAR file password protected. Now, perform a right-click on the file and choose the option ‘Open with.’ Then, go to the ‘Choose another app’ option and select ‘Notepad’ as the preferred app.
02. When the file is opened within the Notepad, go to ‘Edit’ on the menu bar. Select the option called ‘Replace’.
03. Now, replace the text ‘Ûtà‘ with ‘5^3tà’‘. Then, you should also replace ‘‘ IžCO‘ with ‘IžCO‘. Save the same and exit.
As a result of this process, you can open the RAR file without any password protection. You can either use those files after extracting them or create a new archive without password protection. Although this method is free, it is pretty complicated for novice users, as we realize.
Well, that’s our article about removing the WinRAR password. We hope that the WinRAR password remover we have mentioned will be handy for you sooner or later. Good luck!