There are many individuals who want to know about the best Windows 7 password reset tool. However, only a few succeed.
As per the general acceptance, the easiest way to reset your Windows 7 password is with your password reset disk.
Nevertheless, the problem with the reset disk is that it can be complex for some users. Also, some individuals are curious about different ways of resetting the forgotten Windows password. This article is just for you, regardless of your category.
In other words, we emphasize several ways of resetting Windows passwords (including the best Windows 7 password reset tool).
By the way, here are the best laptops for teachers for your reference too.
1. Try Guessing the Login Password of Your Windows 7 System
Before we use any advanced process or a Windows 7 password reset tool, lets’ try the simplest method. Although this option might sound pretty funny for most people, it actually works for many.
Many individuals tend to use passwords that have some kind of relationship to their daily life. So, recalling the memory and starting to guess the password should be the first thing you should do.
In many cases, the complicated passwords you use would have an incident or story behind them. All you need is to find the inspiration behind the password. To do that, you should play with your memory for a while.
To help you out in this case, we have listed down some aspects that might trigger your memory.
- Your nickname, name, your loved one’s name (or nickname)
- Name of your beloved pet
- The birthday of your loved one (or even yours)
- The office address, company name, or the department
- Your home address, street
- Your favorite flower, fruit, or food
- Or your favorite movie, the superhero you love
- The perfume, aftershave, lotion, etc. you use
- Your favorite restaurant
- Employee number
- Special day, occasion, venue, etc.
These are just suggestions, and there can be plenty of others to consider in order to recall the memory. If you need to remove the password from the Excel file, here is the best way.
2. Use PassFab 4WinKey – the Best Windows 7 Password Reset Tool
Can’t you recall your memory and you have no clue whatsoever about the password? Don’t worry. We have several ways to recover your Windows password tool, just like we promised.
The first (and most prominent) option, if you don’t remember that password is PassFab 4WinKey. In fact, we consider PassFab 4WinKey to be the best Windows 7 password reset tool due to obvious reasons.
With PassFab 4WinKey, it is absolutely possible to reset your Windows 7/10 password without the reset disk. Instead, you can use this tool and get the password reset very easily.
More importantly, this method doesn’t cause any data loss after resetting the password of Windows 7. You don’t need to reinstall the system software as well.
In fact, this is a third-party tool, but you don’t have to worry about it at all. It is an exceptionally reliable and efficient software. You only need a second PC to install this software, and resetting Windows 7 password is simple.
Follow the Steps Mentioned Below to Reset a Windows 7 Password with Ease.
1) Download and launch 4WinKey on your computer. And then select either a CD/DVD or USB flash drive, and tap on the “Burn” to create a boot disk.
2) After your USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD was burned successfully, tap “Next.” Now, you should insert the burned-USB flash drive into your locked PC. Restart the PC and press “ESC” or “F12” on the keyboard to enter the Boot Menu interface.
3) After entering Boot Menu, you will see your inserted disk from the USB/DVD/CD name. Please use the arrow key to choose it and tap the “Enter” keyboard to boot it.
Then, you will see the 4WinKey interface, and then please select your Windows system.
4) At this step, please select the “Reset Account Password” and then tap on “Next.” Then, all your windows accounts will be displayed.
Please select a user account; the default password will be shown. You can also change it on your own. After that, tap on the “Next” button.
5) Now, please click “Reboot” to restart your PC. And you can use your new password to log into the windows system.
3. Reset Windows 7 Password in Command Prompt
Compared to the previous method, this method might be somewhat complex. However, we thought it’s a method worth mentioning, particularly for techies. This method, too, doesn’t need the assistance of a reset disk.
However, one main disadvantage of this method is that it loses some of your files. For instance, you lose email messages, encrypted files, etc. So, we still suggest you use the previous tool.
But if You Still Need to Use This Method, Mentioned Below Are the Steps You Should Follow.
1) First of all, you should find your Windows installation DVD on your PC’s optical drive. If not, you can even use the Repair Disk. Now, reboot the computer using the DVD you have just inserted.
2) Your computer will boot successfully. Now, you should click on the button ‘Next.’ Once the installation window appears, click on the option ‘Repair your computer.’
3) Now, you should select the OS you intend to repair. Be sure that you remember that drive letter used to have the OS.
4) Now, make sure that you go to the Command prompt and enter the following command.
5) Then, enter the following code as well.
copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
Press ‘Enter’ once again.
6) Make sure that you quit that command prompt. Restart the computer. When it comes to that login screen, just press ‘Shift’ five times to open that command prompt.
7) Enter the username and password for the net user. Well, the username should be changed with the new username & the new password too.
8) Now, exit the command prompt, then you will now log in using the new password.
If you wish to fix the Windows 10 automatic repair loop issue, click to read more.
4. Enter Windows 7 System Through Admin Account
There is another easier method for you to access the Windows 7 system. However, the main disadvantage associated with this method is that it requires another Admin Account.
This method will work only if the computer has a different Admin account. Mentioned below are the steps to follow.
1) Switch on the computer and log into the available account (which must have Admin privileges). Go to the ‘Start’ menu & navigate to the option labeled ‘Control Panel.’
2) Now, select the option called ‘User Account.’ Tap on the ‘Family Safety’ option and go to User Accounts.
3) Click on the option ‘Add or Remove User Account.’ You will now see the accounts that are created on this computer.
4) Now, select the account you intend to change the password and click on ‘Remove Password’ or ‘Change Password.’
5. Reset Windows 7 Password Without Using a USB or Disk
To use this method, you must engage in command-line-related tweaks. However, this method also works on computers with another username with Admin access. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow.
1) Go to CMD and enter the following code.
- Type ‘CD‘ and hit ‘Enter.’
- MKDIR # hit ‘Enter.’
- CD # and press ‘Enter.’
- 7z e hashcat-2.00.7z./hashcat-cli32.bin -V and press ‘Enter’.
2) Use the command below.
cd ./hash/hashcat-cli32.bin -m 1000 -a 0 -o winpass1.txt –remove win1.hash rock.dic. Press ‘Enter’.
3) Now, key in ‘Yes‘ and hit ‘Enter.’
4) Use the below command as well.
5) You will find that cracked password, followed by a hash. You should now change that user to that locked account.
By the way, here is the full PCUnlocker Review for your reference.
6. Install Windows OS Once Again
If none of the above options aren’t working for you, the only option available is to reinstall the OS. However, this method will lose all data saved in your C drive.
Well, that is how to use different methods to reset Windows account passwords on your PC. As we believe the PassFab 4WinKey is the best method of all. It doesn’t take much time, and it is a very simplified process.
This Windows 7 password reset tool doesn’t cause data loss. However, you may consider trying the other options as well.