WhatsApp has been gaining popularity for years and continues to do so. The prestigious mobile messaging app is similar to that of iMessage but has the benefit of being cross-platform with iOS and Android.
It supports sending photos and videos, and users can also create group chats. All of this is great, but some people want more. For that reason, they consider WhatsApp Plus download.
WhatsApp Plus is an alternative version that includes features that aren’t a part of the vanilla version of WhatsApp. Some of these features are simply cosmetic changes, and others are more technical.
So, if you’re interested in downloading WhatsApp Plus, read through this guide and get all the information you need.
PS: Here, we have the best WhatsApp Mods for your reference.
Key Features of WhatsApp Plus
To kick things off, we will explain what the key features of WhatsApp Plus are and why it’s an app to consider using.
- More Emoticons. WhatsApp Plus includes its own set of additional emoticons. Unfortunately, if you send any of these emoticons to someone who doesn’t use WhatsApp Plus, they won’t see them.
- Improved File Sharing. WhatsApp’s file sharing limit is capped at 16MB, which isn’t always high enough. With WhatsApp Plus you are able to send up to 50MB of files through the app.
- Themes. Another aesthetic change is that WhatsApp Plus enables users to change the app’s theme. The built-in theme library includes hundreds of amazing themes to choose from.
- Stay Hidden. Initially, this wasn’t a feature of WhatsApp, but since WhatsApp Plus hit the scene, it has been added. You can disable the feature which shows recipients that you’ve read their messages.
The current requirements state that you must have Android 4.0.3 or later, preferably with no data limits. Unlimited data isn’t necessary, but it’s a good idea if you frequently send files with WhatsApp.
Additionally, there is WhatsApp Plus add-ons such as the Stickers Maker and WhatsApp Plus Cleaner.
Cons of WhatsApp Plus
Every third-party APK has downsides to using it, and here are the cons of a WhatsApp Plus download.
- Security Risks. Whenever you download an APK that isn’t available on the Google Play Store, you’re taking a risk. Even more so because you have to adjust your Android device’s security settings to install it, if you don’t download the official WhatsApp Plus and instead download a version with a virus, your device will be infected.
- Infrequent Updates. WhatsApp receives updates pretty frequently, but WhatsApp Plus doesn’t. If the WhatsApp developers add a new amazing feature, it’ll be a while before you can use it on WhatsApp Plus.
Where to Get WhatsApp Plus Download
Before the installation, you must download the WhatsApp Plus APK. It currently isn’t available on the Google Play Store, so you’ll have to get it from a third-party website.
As you may know, if you’ve installed a third-party app before, this requires changes to be made to your Android smartphone’s settings before you can actually install the app. We’ll explain that later, but the point is you have to WhatsApp Plus download from a third-party website.
When it comes to WhatsApp Plus, we’re lucky. Most apps that aren’t found on the Google Play Store don’t have their website. WhatsApp Plus has a website where you can download the APK.
How to Install WhatsApp Plus Download
Installing the APK after WhatsApp Plus download is the next step. Doing this is easy, and there isn’t anything different compared to installing any other third-party APK.
- #1 – Download the APK from WhatsApp Plus’s official or third-party website.
- #2 – Go to your smartphone’s download folder and tap the APK.
- #3 – Follow the installation steps on-screen and grant any permissions that the app requests.
- #4 – After the app finishes installing on your phone, launch it and sign in with your WhatsApp account. You’re good to go!
WhatsApp Plus will now be ready, and when you sign in, you can start using the unique features it offers. Note that installing both the original WhatsApp and this version on your smartphone could cause conflicts, so only install one at a time.
Using dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer
One of the things you have to be cautious of is when you do WhatsApp Plus download and install, you may overwrite existing WhatsApp data. Fortunately, if you use the built-in Google Drive backup feature, you’ll be fine. However, you shouldn’t rely on this.
Consider using dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer as an extra precaution. Below are the most notable features that this program provides users with.
- Backup WhatsApp messages from iOS and Android smartphones to your PC
- Directly transfer WhatsApp messages between any iOS or Android devices
- Restore backed-up WhatsApp messages to any smartphone
- Back up and restore LINE, Kik, Viber, and WeChat messages
- Available for Windows and Mac computers
- A free version is available but for full access users must purchase the full version
Above are just some fantastic features that users get access to with dr.fone. Above all, though, it’s perfect for backing up WhatsApp before installing WhatsApp Plus.
Backup WhatsApp Before Installing WhatsApp Plus
We suggest using dr.fone before and after installing WhatsApp Plus. It safely stores a copy of your messages if something goes wrong.
#1 – Download and install dr.fone on your computer. Either version will be fine for this method.
#2 – Launch the program and connect your Android smartphone to the computer with the USB device that you got with it.
#3 – From dr.fone’s main menu, choose the feature “WhatsApp Transfer.”
#4 – On the following screen, you’ll see several social apps on the left menu. For this method, we’ll be using WhatsApp.
#5 – Different social app options will appear; click “Backup WhatsApp Messages” to proceed.
#6 – dr.fone will now begin taking the WhatsApp backup, and once it is complete, you can view the backup file’s contents.
Now that you have a backup of your WhatsApp message, you can follow the installation guide for WhatsApp Plus download and know that none of your messages will be at risk. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, a quick restore will fix it.
Restore WhatsApp Data with dr.fone
So, after you finish installing WhatsApp Plus on your Android device, you might notice some lost messages. This isn’t the case most of the time, but should it happen, you can again put dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer to good use.
Following the guide below will show you how to restore a WhatsApp backup to your device.
#1 – Launch dr.fone, and once the main menu finishes loading, click on “WhatsApp Transfer.”
#2 – Connect your device to the computer using the appropriate USB cable.
#3 – From the menu of social apps on the left of your screen, select “WhatsApp.”
#4 – For this solution, we will be using “Restore WhatsApp messages to Android device,” so go ahead and click this.
#5 – On the following menu, you will see a list of the available WhatsApp backups. Scroll through the list and select whichever backup contains the correct messages.
Note: to check what messages each backup contains, click “View” next to it.
#6 – Select the WhatsApp backup you want to restore and click “Next” to proceed.
#7 – Next, press the “Restore” button, and with the popup box, sign in to your Google Play Store account.
Note: if you aren’t currently signed into an account on your device, click “Skip” to move on.
#8 – Finally, dr.fone will restore the WhatsApp messages to your device. After the restore, you will find them on the WhatsApp app as usual.
Restoring WhatsApp messages with dr.fone by following the WhatsApp Plus download process is just as easy as backing them up. This guide is proof that it’ll take just a matter of minutes!
Can I Switch from WhatsApp Plus to WhatsApp?
You finish installing and setting up WhatsApp Plus, you take the time to use some of the key features, and you decide that it isn’t for you. So, naturally, you want to switch back to the normal version of WhatsApp.
If you decide this straight away, there’s no need to worry about losing your messages. On the other hand, if you gave it a chance and used WhatsApp Plus for a few days, you should back up your messages with dr.fone as a precaution.
Once you do that, follow these steps to revert.
- #1 – Make sure you create a backup of your WhatsApp messages, then uninstall the app.
- #2 – After uninstalling WhatsApp Plus open Google Play Store.
- #3 – Search for “WhatsApp” and install the regular version on your smartphone.
- #4 – After the app finishes installing, launch it, and sign in using your phone number.
- #5 – You can now restore your backup from dr.fone or Google Drive if any messages are missing.
WhatsApp Plus download adds a lot of new features to the app. That said, we understand that it isn’t for everyone. Some users get uncomfortable when they aren’t using the official app whilst others don’t feel any benefits from the Plus version. Reverting back to the official WhatsApp is the best option for those users.
Better Solution to Switch Back
If you’d rather use dr.fone to switch WhatsApp Plus to WhatsApp, there’s another method for doing so. Follow the steps below and find out exactly how to do this.
#1 – Launch dr.fone and from the main menu, select “WhatsApp Transfer.”
#2 – Connect your Android device to the computer with the appropriate USB cable.
#3 – Select “WhatsApp” from the menu on the left and then choose “Backup WhatsApp messages” from the screen that appears.
#4 – Once the backup is taken, you must click on the “View it” button to check all of your messages are safely there.
#5 – Navigate back to the WhatsApp menu, and this time clicks on “Restore WhatsApp messages to Android device.”
#6 – A list of dr.fone backups will be shown. From this list, go ahead and choose the backup you have just taken and click “Next.”
#7 – Finally, press the “Restore” button and, if applicable, enter your Google Play Store account information. The backup will now restore.
This will force the WhatsApp Plus application to reinstall on your Android device as the official WhatsApp version. It will also restore all of your WhatsApp messages so that none of them are lost from doing this.
Like most modded APKs, WhatsApp Plus gives you access to features that you might have wanted to see in the app but aren’t there.
After a quick WhatsApp Plus download and install, you’ll find yourself with access to several new features. Installing this app is simple, and if you feel like you can benefit from the new features, it’s worth your time.
All in all, WhatsApp Plus has a lot to offer and, in this article, we’ve shown you everything you need to know about its features, installing, and uninstalling it.