Vcomp110.dll is an essential component included in MS Visual C++. As a Windows user, you might have already come across an error that says vcomp110.dll is missing. This redistribution file can be linked with various errors.
Reasons for vcomp110.dll to be missing
If you see a vcomp110.dll error on your computer when opening an application, there’s one main reason for it. Simply put, vcomp110.dll is not available where it should be. It can go missing due to several different reasons, however. For instance, it can happen as a result of a malware attack or even a hardware issue. Anyway, it is important to know how to get rid of this error as a Windows user. Mentioned below are those methods you can follow in order to fix this error.
Method 1: Reinstall the Redistributable Package for Visual C++
As the first method, you can try to download the Redistributable package for Visual C++ Redistributable. Then, you can run the same and check if the error is gone. With this sort of solution, you will be able to restore the missing vcomp110.dll file. And, in this case, you will be able to get the latest file. So, be smart enough to choose the correct version of Windows before downloading it.
If you don’t see any success with it, you will have to install the Redistributable in a different manner. At this point, you should install it from the installation folder of the program. In some cases, the respective program’s DLL file will work smoother than Microsoft’s one.
So, in which folder should you look for the vcomp110.dll file? Well, it should be the program (or even the game) that has experienced the error. So, just locate the file and replace the respective file.
Method 2: Perform a reinstallation on the faulty app
Many users say that they were able to fix the vcomp110.dll error with a reinstallation of the faulty app. That means you, too, can give it a try.
- First, you should perform a right-click on the Windows button, and that brings the menu labeled “Start.” Then, click on the option called “Apps and Features.”
- As the second step, you should go to the right hand of the same window. Then, go down until you find the program that has experienced the vcomp110.dll error. And then, you should click on that program and choose “Uninstall.” That will uninstall the respective application along with the other information. Then, click on the option called “Uninstall.”
- Just wait for a short while so the program will be uninstalled from your PC. After that, you can reinstall the same program.
Also, if you are facing the msvcp100.dll is missing issue, click to fix it right now.
Method 3: Restore Vcomp110.dll
Did you know that Vcomp110.dll can appear if it is deleted by any chance? Well, if that’s the case with you, it is possible to restore the same. You can do it by reaching the recycle bin because deleted files are there in the recycle bin.
- First, you should perform a double-click on the Recycle bin located on your desktop.
- Then, you should search for the Vcomp110.dll in it. If the file is deleted, it must be there already. Right-click on the icon and choose the option called “Restore.”
Important: But if you have already deleted the file from the recycle bin as well? In that case, you will have to use a very powerful data recovery program to acquire it.
Method 4: Update Windows to fix Vcomp110.dll missing error
If there are updates available for your Windows system, it is always better to install them. Missing DLL files can often come in those updates. Anyway, installing the available updates is good for your system. Mentioned below is what you can do.
- Open “Settings.” To do that, you can press the “Windows” + “I” keys together. Click on the option called “Update & Security.”
- Then, click on the “Update Status” so you can see available items under “Updates are available.” You can then download the updates and install them. However, in some cases, it is possible to install the most recent versions of updates under Windows Update.
Method 5: Check the hard drive as well as the RAM for potential errors
You should know that Vcomp110.dll error can appear due to hardware errors as well. So, if the issue is persisting even after the above methods, check for the hardware errors. When it comes to hardware errors, they can appear due to faulty RAM or hard drive. So, you should check the hardware. Please follow up below simple guide to perform a hardware check. Mentioned below is how to do that.
Check your RAM
- First, you should open the tool called “Windows Memory Diagnostic.” You can search for it by typing that tool’s name in the search box. Then, click on the best-matching icon.
- Then, you should see a different window and confirm your action. Once you have done that, you can click on the option called “Restart now and check for problems (recommended).”
- Then, you should see that your PC restarts. When the PC is rebooting, you will see the Memory-Diagnostics in a separate window. It displays the test process as well as the status.
- If you find something wrong with the memory, just replace it.
Check your Hard Drive
To check your hard drive, you can use a professional tool like MiniTool Partition Wizard. It is considered a superb option that can keep your disk at an optimal level. It is an all-in-one tool. You can use the same tool to wipe the disk, check the available disk space, copy the data, etc. More importantly, the same tool can even recover data. It also can convert file formats based on your requirement.
That said, below is how to use MiniTool Partition Wizard and check if your hard drive has any errors.
- First, you should download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard on the faulty computer. Then, run it to see the main interface. After that, you should perform a right-click on the faulty drive that should be tested. Then, you should choose the option called “Surface Test.”
- Now, just click the “Start Now.” After that, the program will perform the scan. The results will be displayed as blocks. If you notice any red-color boxes, you should repair them. The repairing process should be done with the following steps.
- Next, you should open Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Once the CMD window is open, you can enter the text “chkdsk f: /r.” Then, you should hit the “Enter” key. Please note that the letter “f” should be replaced by the actual drive letter that should be repaired.
Here’s how to find the errors in the file system
- Choose the target drive first and click on the option called “Check File System.”
- Now, you should select the option called “Check & Fix Detected errors” and hit “Start.”
- Now, the program itself will fix the potential system errors.
Method 6: Scan the PC for possible malware issues
Errors like vcomp110.dll can appear due to some malware-related issues as well. So, the best approach is to perform a malware scan on your PC and see if it works.
Method 7: Repair the system
Repairing your installation file is another useful solution to address this error. So, you should find the installation media before opting for this option.
- First, you should connect a USB flash drive to the faulty PC to start this process. Then, you should download the media creation tool on your PC by visiting Microsoft’s official website. You can use this link to download it.
- Now, it should open the file that is already downloaded. After that, you should click on the option called “Accept.”
- After that, you should follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen. Go to “Create Installation Media for another PC” and choose “Next.” Then, go to “configure language, edition, and architecture.” After that, please click on “Next” and select “ISO File.” Hit Next and choose USB. Hit Next again so the process will be completed.
- As the next step, the ISO file should be mounted.
- Now, you should perform a double-click on the setup.exe. That can be found from the drive that is loaded virtually.
- You can choose the option called “Download and install updates.” After that, choose “Next” and select “Accept.” After that, you can follow the instructions.
- As the final step, you can click on the option called “Keep Windows Settings, personal files, and apps.” Hit “Next,” and you will notice Windows reboots a couple of times. As a result, vcomp110.dll will be fixed.
Method 8: Reinstall Windows
The last method that can fix the vcomp110.dll error is reinstallation. You can try this method if none of the above solutions have worked so far. This method will erase everything on your hard disk. So, it is compulsory to create a backup of the data before performing a reinstallation.
The same tool (MiniTool Partition Wizard) we used to check for disk errors can be used for this purpose. That lets you create a backup with a couple of clicks. Mentioned below is how to do that. Please note that you should have a USB drive ready before creating a backup.
- Download MiniTool Partition Wizard on the PC and get it installed.
- Then, choose your system disk. Then, click on the option called Copy Disk. Select a target disk as well to copy the data. Click on Next to proceed.
- Choose the option called “Copy Options.” Then, change the partition as you like. Click on “Next.”
- Click on the option called “Finish.” After that, you can click “Apply” to proceed.
- Then, it is possible to reinstall your Windows OS.
So, those are the solutions you can try to fix the vcomp110.dll missing error on your PC. You can follow the information carefully and choose the best method that fits your situation. If you do have more doubts, you can go ahead and post a comment.
FAQ on vcomp110.dll error
What are the most practical ways to fix the vcomp110.dll error?
- Perform a reinstallation on the redistributable package of Visual C++
- Reinstall the faulty app.
- Reinstall the latest version of Windows.
- Check if the hard drive and RAM are working properly.
- Check for malware infections.
- Repair your Windows installation.
- Clean install your Windows OS.
How to fix the vcomp110.dll error?
- Recover the DLL files using a file recovery application.
- Uninstall the faulty application and install it again.
- Update all the drivers.
- Scan the PC for malware.
- Restart your PC.
How can you restore a DLL file?
- Go to “run” and enter the text “CMD.”
- Hit OK.
- Enter the command SFC /scannow and hit “Enter.”
- Wait for the scanning process to be completed and restart the PC.
Can I delete the vcomp110.dll file?
No. It is not recommended to delete vcomp110.dll because that might interfere with the function of the respective programs.