Many users struggle hard to find a suitable method for TracFone unlock on their devices so that they can use another network on it.
The problem becomes even hard with the outdated and ineffective solutions present on the web. Worry no more, as we are going to deal with this problem for you throughout this article. Read on.
Important Things to Know TracFone Unlocking
The genuine customers have reported a lot about the problem above, and it surely is a matter of concern. Not many users would have come across a situation involving carrier unlocking, and it is OK if you have no tech experience for that.
Before we move on to see the methods to unlock a TracFone, we believe that it would be better for you to know some important things about the TracFone that will help you in understanding the unlocking process better.
Here Are Some Important Facts About the TracFone:
- When it comes to being locked, the TracFone is like that by default. It is rare to come across any TracFone that is unlocked or can be unlocked by any default method.
- A large number of the older version phones manufactured by TracFone could not be unlocked ever. However, you may find such kind of older TracFone eligible for a replacement.
- As per the data last updated in 2016, all the newer TracFone have been found to be unlockable. By this, we mean that these phones can be unlocked either with the help of a carrier unlock service or with the usage of the unlocking policy of TracFone itself for this purpose.
- TracFone Unlock is very much possible with various methods that we will be discussing in the coming parts of this article and get the network to operate on the device that serves your requirements better.
Besides, let’s figure out how to track a phone using IMEI for free.
Method of Checking the Unlock Status of My TracFone
Since it’s already been seen that the recent TracFone is unlockable and there are even many ways with which these devices can be unlocked, the question also arises how would you know if your TracFone is even locked at all?
It would be a waste to make so much effort only to know later that the TracFone has already been unlocked. Now, let us tell you the different methods for checking the locked status of your TracFone.
- Online checkers are efficient ways that allow you to check the TracFone unlock status. These checkers scan the IMEI number of the device to know the unlock status of that device in the past.
- Another method you can do the above job is to try putting another SIM card in the phone. Just take the original SIM card out of the device and insert another SIM that must be of different carrier service. Check if the new SIM gets active on your TracFone device. If the new SIM connection gets activated successfully, then this is an indication that your device is already unlocked. In the case otherwise, know that the previous carrier lock still exists on the device.
Things to Ensure Before Starting the TracFone Unlock Process
If you find out that your TracFone is locked after trying the above methods, you would want to go ahead with the unlocking process. However, there are some things you will need to prepare before that.
Here are the two things you must know before starting with any TracFone unlock method:
- The IMEI number of the TracFone
- The Blacklist Status of the TracFone
It is very important to know about the blacklist status of the TracFone device because there is no way you can unlock a blacklisted device, and all your efforts would go in vain.
You must get the right IMEI checker for checking that and then go ahead. WipeLock IMEI Checker would be a good tool to try as it checks the IMEI entry manually along with ensuring 100% accurate results.
Method for iPhone/ZTE/Samsung/LG TracFone Unlock via Free Unlock Code
You may get excited to know that it is possible to unlock your TracFone for free with an unlock code that can be generated without any cost.
All you will need to do is request this code by contacting the TracFone customer assistance, and upon getting that code, enter it into the device, and the lock will be deactivated.
However, this method has limitations that we will address later. Let’s get you to know the method of doing so first.
Guide to Unlocking the iPhone/ZTE/Samsung on TracFone
- Dial the number 1-800-867-7183 for contacting the customer assistance team of TracFone.
- You will be connected to a representative to whom you will have to first confirm that the ownership of the device and account lies with you.
- After that, you can place your request for the unlock code, which will then be issued by them, given all the conditions are met.
- Get done with the call and then power off the device. Insert a new SIM card from a different carrier.
- Power on the device and then enter the TracFone unlock code when required. Hit OK. You will see a message pop up on the device’s screen about the successful verification of the code.
Voila! Your TracFone stands unlocked, and you are free to use any carrier service on it.
Limitations of the Unlock Policy of TracFone
The method was quite simple, but if you will go for it or not will be decided once you go through the restrictions of the TracFone unlock policy that we are going to list.
- The network of TracFone must have registered a minimum of 12-month continuous usage of the device.
- The 12-month limit does not apply to the military staff wanting the carrier to unlock.
- The device must not be lost or stolen.
- Right before the unlock, you must have been using an active TracFone plan for a minimum of 60 days.
- The TracFone carrier service must have been requested for the device after 11 Feb 2015.
- The device must be free of any fault or damage and must be in good working condition.
We believe that these limitations might be enough to deter you from going for this otherwise easy method and push you to look for other viable options.
Alternative Methods for Unlocking iPhone/Samsung on TracFone
We provided you with all the aspects of the carrier method for TracFone unlock, and it is visible that the restrictions that come with it overshadow the ease of the method.
However, alternative ways are available for everything, and we are going to provide some of the best ones to you for unlocking the TracFone.
The services that we are going to list below are known for their effectiveness and reliability, which have been felt compromised by the unlock policy of TracFone.
DirectUnlocks is easily the best carrier unlocking service that you can try for unlocking your TracFone device as it has been delivering consistently impressive results for this purpose.
This has been made possible by the amazing features of this service and some of them we are going to list:
- It works independently of the TracFone unlock policy restrictions when it comes to unlocking any device.
- Unlock the devices permanently, even the ones that have undergone a factory reset previously.
- It works for unlocking any network over any device.
- For the TracFone carrier, it takes around one to six hours on average to unlock.
- The process of using this service is super simple and requires minimum effort from your side.
- The pricing of this service for unlocking devices is much cheaper than the other TracFone unlock services.
Now you know why this unlocking service is so amazing, and you will feel even better about the deal when you go through the steps needed to operate this service that we are going to list now.
Here is What You Need to Do:
1. Visit the official website of the DirectUnlocks service.
2. Choose the model of your device and the network from the given options.
3. Enter the accurate IMEI number of your device in the dedicated box. For knowing the IMEI number of any device, the simplest method is to dial *#06# from that device, and the IMEI number will be displayed on the screen.
4. Hit the Continue button now, and then you will be redirected to the payment page. Fill in all the entries there and purchase the service plan.
5. Once the payment gets successfully processed by the service, you will receive the order confirmation number. With this number, you will be able to track the TracFone unlock progress.
Within the next six hours, your device will be unlocked like it was never locked in the first place.
Another great alternative to the unlock method of TracFone is using the service named ExpressUnlocks which belongs to the category of the best carrier unlock services in the market.
The prime reason behind this is the awesome features that this service comes with that make the whole task of unlocking TracFone devices easier and faster.
Let’s see what all it has got:
- Other than TracFone, this service works equally well for many other carriers.
- It unlocks the devices permanently with any carrier.
- The unlocked devices get able to be connected with any other carrier service.
The functioning of this service is very much similar to the above one, DirectUnlocks. The steps are the same where you have to visit the website, choose the carrier name you are using, enter the required details of the device, and the rest will be taken care of by the service team.
Note: An important thing you need to remember is that these services won’t work for the blacklisted devices, too, as we have already stated above.
We hope that by now, you would have already picked the right TracFone Unlock method for yourself.
We recommend you go with the more trusted services like DirectUnlocks and ExpressUnlocks rather than the restrictive free unlock code method.
The alternative services we discussed will work for any device you want to unlock, and the experience will be effortlessly awesome, we guarantee!