Are you reading this article because your ‘Payment Not Completed on App Store‘ and needs a solution?
Well, the good news is that you will find the most practical solutions to fix it. So, let’s fix that error with confidence.
Apple Pay Is Popular
As you may already know, Apple Pay is an exceptionally popular digital wallet with a high level of security. Just like the name suggests, it is introduced by Apple Inc.
It was introduced to facilitate a securer, faster, and more convenient mode of payment for users across the globe. Apple Pay has become useful for making payments for online and offline purchases.
Besides, if you are experiencing the “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” issue, don’t worry; this article explains the causes & solutions to fix it quickly.
Even Apple Pay Can Experience Errors
In general, Apple Pay is a secured, smooth mode of payment. It works without any glitches most of the time, just like other options offered by Apple. However, even Apple Pay can experience some issues at least once in a while.
In other words, Apple Pay is not invincible. For instance, you can experience an error like “Payment Not Completed on App Store” on your device.
If you are experiencing such errors, you can use this article as a guide to fix them. So, let’s go ahead and find out those fixes.
Also, if you wonder how to change the payment method on iPhone, here is the right guide for you to easily change, add or update the payment method on iOS.
Reasons for the “Payment Not Completed on App Store” Issue to Occur
There are many reasons for Payment Not Completed on App Store to appear. One of the major reasons for such an error to occur is trouble related to the debit card. It may stop working if the linked debit or credit card doesn’t work as expected.
In this case, you should go to the settings app on your device and click on the name (profile). After that, you should click on the payment & shipping.
If you notice any red text just below the card, it is an indication of an error. In other words, it appears when your card is not working. If that’s the case, you should contact the respective bank to get the card reactivated. The card can stop working if it is expired.
In this case, you can add a new card to the same Apple Pay account. However, there are other reasons for it. We will discuss that in the future.
In addition, have you got the error message – payment revision needed on Amazon? This article will describe this error and the steps to take if your account is affected.
The Card Gets Declined Due to Insufficient Funds
As mentioned before, expiration is not the only reason for a card to get declined in Apple Pay. Assume that you don’t have sufficient money in the respective account.
Let’s take a look at a simple example. Assume that you want to pay an amount of $750, but your bank balance is $500. Obviously, your bank account is not sufficient enough to make that payment.
So, you will experience an error in your digital wallet. The fix for this “issue” is obvious; all you need is to have adequate funds in your bank.
What Are the Possible Reasons for Your Card to Get Declined?
As you can understand, there can be more than one reason for your debit card to get declined. So, mentioned below are those reasons for your information.
- Your debit card is currently expired
- Your credit card doesn’t have sufficient balance on it
- You have entered the wrong PIN for verification.
- You are experiencing a technical problem with your wallet, card, or app.
- You have already exceeded the limit of payments you can make.
- Your debit card is still not activated.
The Information About the Merchant is Incorrect
Payment Not Completed on App Store error can appear when the merchant information is not correct. There will be many issues if you input the wrong information, and that’s obvious under any circumstance. Also, you can experience such errors if there are configuration errors.
Moreover, you will have server errors in the terminal to prevent smooth transactions through Apple Pay. In this case, the solution is to remove the troublesome card and link it once again. Once you have done that, the information of the merchant will be refreshed, and the issue will be gone.
However, you should note that it’ll work if there is no issue associated with the merchant’s end. In fact, Apple Pay rejects your payment for a reason. Apple Pay never declines a payment without a valid reason.
So, there should be a reason behind the rejection of the payment. So, find it out before looking for a solution.
What if Apple Pay Declined Your Payment, but There’s Nothing Wrong with Your Card?
Can the “Payment Not Completed on App Store” error occurs even when the card is working correctly? Well, yes, it can happen. There are several reasons for it to happen.
Mentioned below are those reasons.
- Your payment can be declined due to the transaction limit exceeding. In other words, if you have a monthly transaction limit and you’ve already exceeded it, the payment gets declined. In some cases, some users may even have weekly limits for their transactions done through cards. In any of those cases, your payment is subjected to be declined.
- The payment you try to make can also get declined if you enter the wrong PIN number. So, you must verify whether you enter the correct PIN number when you try to pay.
- In some cases, some online stores and offline stores don’t accept Apple Pay. If you are trying to make a purchase from such a store, the payment can get declined. So, if you see the “Payment Not Completed on App Store” error, you should see if the store accepts Apple Pay. If they don’t, you should try a different method of payment (such as Visa, MasterCard, etc.) for purchasing.
Is It Possible to Decline Apple Pay?
Well, yes! In some cases, the users themselves want to cancel their payments. If that scenario applies to you and you wonder how to decline payment, keep reading. There are several easy steps you can follow to decline payment.
Mentioned below is how to do that if you have not done it before.
- As the first step, you should go to the Apple Pay app on your device.
- You can then go to the transaction history and click on the respective payment you intend to cancel.
- You can click on the option called “Payment” to proceed.
- You will be able to see an option called “Cancel Payment.” Just click on it. But if you don’t see that option, you are unable to decline the respective payment. That is because the money related to the respective transaction is already sent to the merchant. So, there is no way of declining that payment unless your merchant agrees to refund it.
- Once the cancellation is made, the payment made will be returned to your account. However, it will not be available immediately. Instead, it will take at least a couple of days.
Should You Avoid Using Apple Pay?
We strongly believe that Apple Pay is among the most secure and convenient payment methods in the world. It encourages individuals to use contactless payments and save their precious time.
When you use Apple Pay, you can necessarily avoid the hassle of carrying multiple cards. Also, Apple Pay offers cashback offers so you can save some money in the long run. Therefore, we don’t think that any user should avoid Apple Pay.
Instead, it is better to use Apple Pay whenever and wherever it is possible. After all, the entire world is heading towards digital payment methods, so you can follow the same trend.
Preventing Future Payment Failures
To avoid encountering payment failures on the App Store in the future, it’s important to take some preventive measures.
Keep Payment Information Updated
Regularly review and update payment information associated with the Apple ID. This includes ensuring that the credit card details, billing address, and other relevant information are accurate and up to date.
Maintain Sufficient Funds
Maintain a sufficient balance in the linked bank account or credit card to avoid payment failures due to insufficient funds. Regularly monitor account balances and make necessary deposits or transfers.
Double-check Network Connection
Before initiating a payment, verify that the device is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. Unstable or poor network connectivity can lead to payment failures.
Regularly Verify Apple ID
Stay proactive by regularly verifying the Apple ID and completing any required authentication or verification processes. This helps ensure a smooth payment experience and reduces the chances of payment failures.
Stay Informed about App Store Policies
Keep up to date with the App Store’s policies and guidelines. This includes being aware of regional restrictions, age restrictions, and any changes in payment methods or requirements.
- Why is my credit card being declined on the App Store?
- Credit cards may be declined on the App Store due to various reasons, including expired cards, incorrect card details, or blocked transactions by the credit card issuer. Double-check the card information and contact your credit card provider if the issue persists.
- What should I do if I have insufficient funds for a purchase?
- If you have insufficient funds for a purchase, consider depositing funds into your bank account or credit card. Alternatively, you can choose a different payment method or use a gift card that covers the cost of the purchase.
- How can I verify and update my payment information on the App Store?
- To verify and update your payment information on the App Store, go to your Apple ID settings, select “Payment & Shipping,” and follow the prompts to review and modify your payment details.
- Will Apple ID verification affect my ability to make payments?
- Apple ID verification is a security measure designed to protect your account. While it may add an extra step to the payment process, completing the verification is essential for security purposes and should not significantly impact your ability to make payments.
- What steps can I take if I encounter persistent payment failures?
- If you encounter persistent payment failures despite following the troubleshooting steps, it is recommended to contact Apple customer support. They will be able to provide personalized assistance and guide you through resolving the issue.
Well, that’s all about the issue “Payment Not Completed on App Store.” If you have encountered this error, you know the reasons behind it and the possible solutions.
Have you come across this error and solved it before? Please share your experience with us. Also, if you have other doubts related to this matter, please let us know.