Finding a good Minecraft screen recorder can be somewhat difficult for many players out there. To make it easier, we composed this article, and it comprises the best options you should try. So, if you are a Minecraft gaming enthusiast, this writeup would be precious for you.
Why do you need a Minecraft screen recorder?
There is no shortage of individuals who play the game Minecraft. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional gamer or a novice; recording your gameplay would be very interesting. In general, we all love to keep some sort of record of our achievement. If you can record your gameplay on Minecraft, you can share them with friends as well. However, the main problem for many users is that they cannot differentiate the best option out of the rest. This is specifically because of the large number of options available in the market.
The Minecraft screen recorder you choose must be able to record videos of high quality. Also, the respective tool must be convenient enough, even for a novice to use it easier. Well, having understood all those challenges, we have composed this article emphasizing the best screen recorders for Minecraft. So, continue reading and pick the best screen recorder.
List of Best Tools to Record Minecraft on PC and Mac
In this section of our article, we will reveal the best options you can use to record Minecraft.
Wondershare DemoCreator has reached the top position of this list for many obvious reasons. This special software can be used to record your Minecraft gameplay in high-quality videos. One of the most significant characteristics associated with DemoCreator is its user-friendliness. Even if you are a newbie, you can use this tool and click your gameplay with a single click. In addition to screen recording, you can use the same tool to record webcam and voiceovers as well. Adding more value to this tool, it comes with plenty of useful tools as well. These tools let you create wonderful stories. That is exactly why many experts consider this tool to be the best Minecraft screen recorder in the market. Besides, this tool lets you embed plenty of effects to the files that are already recorded.
- This screen recorder allows you to record a webcam with a screen at the same time.
- It is packed with plenty of smart editing tools to bring a professional touch to the recorded video.
- There are various effects and annotation tools to record your gameplay.
- It is completely free to record screens.
- DemoCreator even separates the audio file from the video file after the recording is done.
- The free version of Wondershare DemoCreator has a watermark on it.
02. Bandicam (compatible with Windows OS)
The next Minecraft recording software we prefer is Bandicam. This application is known for its amazing collection of editing options. In fact, it can work in different modes to match your requirement. If required, you can use the same tool to record some areas only instead of recording the entire screen. Even if you record the entire screen, the quality of the video will not be lost. When you switch on Bandicam on its recording mode, it will display the frame rate on the screen. However, if it is not required, you can customize the user interface so you cannot see the framerate.
- Bandicam allows you to save videos with MP4 or AVI file format without any trouble.
- It gives you the option to adjust the recording screen size depending on your requirement.
- It works with Windows OS only.
03. ShadowPlay (compatible with Windows OS)
Are you trying to capture screenshots? Or, do you want to record high-quality videos of your Minecraft game? If not, do you want to enjoy live streams? If so, ShadowPlay would be a superb option that offers great content quality and many other advanced features. This tool has the ability to record all the videos in the background as well. It comes with hotkey functionality as well.
- It has a 4K recording facility for the use of diehard Minecraft enthusiasts.
- It operates very smoothly, and therefore it doesn’t affect the performance of your system.
- It requires high bandwidth for broadcasting purposes.
04. Game DVR (Supports Windows 10)
Game DVR can be considered as the ideal Xbox app that smoothly functions on the Windows platform as well. In fact, this tool performs well on Windows 10 OS. If you expect a Minecraft screen recorder that records gameplays in superior quality, you shouldn’t miss this tool. This tool has a special option called Game Bar popup. It is displayed on the device screen when you press the Windows key and “G” key simultaneously. One of the unique characteristics is that it can be used to record those games with high resolution. In fact, it can record videos with 1080p and 720p settings.
- This tool can capture screenshots in addition to videos.
- You can make use of the “Hotkeys” function to improve the overall performance of the application.
- The recording process is so smooth, and it doesn’t feature any lags while recording.
- It doesn’t have advanced features compared to the other applications on this list.
05. OBS (For Windows and Mac operating systems)
This is a Minecraft screen recorder that comes with a classic interface. It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux, so there is nothing to worry about its compatibility. Well, one of the most significant characteristics associated with OBS is that it is an open-source tool. That means you can download and use it completely for free without experiencing any restriction. OBS studio comes with all the facilities to record screens easily. Also, it allows you to stream and edit videos without much trouble. Thanks to the interactive user-interface of this special application, it can be used even by novice users.
- This tool is an open-source application, so anyone can download and use it without any restriction.
- You can record videos of unlimited length.
- This tool causes higher compression on the videos that are recorded.
06. Screenflick (compatible with Mac)
This is another handy screen recorder tool that is designed to work on macOS. It offers an exceptionally high performance compared to many other apps in the market. It can even capture the audios of the gameplay so you can share them easier. In general, Screenflick is considered to be a popular choice among professionals who engage in various tasks. For instance, it works perfectly for video chats, training, etc., in addition to capturing games.
- This program offers an excellent user-friendly interface with perfectly streamlined features.
- Screenflick offers single-click audio controls.
- This tool doesn’t allow users to change the quality of the videos that are recorded.
07. ScreenFlow (compatible with macOS)
ScreenFlow is another program that is compatible with macOS. This tool offers excellent recording features, so it can record your Minecraft game very well. It can even capture the audio files as well. Moreover, it facilitates users to capture from multichannel audio devices, iOS devices, video cameras, external mics, and so on. So, this tool comes with greater versatility.
- This tool is ideal for professional-level screen capturing tasks thanks to its powerful tools.
- It comes with a host of editing tools, animations, transitions, text, music, etc.
- ScreenFlow is compatible with all the popular file formats.
- You can use it to share your videos over all the popular social media platforms.
- This tool does not have built-in templates.
- This application is very expensive, particularly if you intend to access the full version.
08. Mobizen Screen Recorder
Here’s another Minecraft screen recorder designed specifically to be compatible with the Android operating system. It comprises a range of easy-to-use tools. Mobizen can also be accessed without costing anything, and still, it offers a superb variety of features. In fact, Mobizen Screen Recorder allows you to remove watermarks from captured videos without any fee. It also allows capturing screenshots.
- Very convenient user-interface.
- It offers you the options of recording, editing, and capturing totally free.
- It has plenty of customization options.
- Be compatible with high video specifications like 1080p resolution, 60FS, and so on.
- It shows some lagging performance for a couple of users. Other than that, we were not able to notice any significant drawbacks associated with this tool.
09. AZ Screen Recorder
AZ Screen Recorder is a handy and efficient tool that offers excellent recording services, especially for Minecraft enthusiasts. It offers an ad-free environment as well. You can use this tool for free and without any time limitation. Moreover, it offers you the opportunity to record videos without any watermark. Another great thing associated with this tool is that it doesn’t require root access to the device.
- It allows you to record videos in HD and FHD quality.
- You can record clear audio with this tool so you can hear the sound effects very well.
- Many users say that it crashes often.
AirShou is another powerful Minecraft recording software that is designed specifically for the iOS platform. It is loaded with plenty of advanced features so you can record any action game with fast movements. This tool doesn’t cause any quality loss. The settings and features of the tool are easy to find.
- Facilitates direct streaming (with Shou. tv).
- Very impressive options to customize.
- An annoying red bar appears on the top of the screen when you record something.
So, that’s our list of best screen recorders for Minecraft gameplay. You can go through this list and choose the most appropriate Minecraft screen recorder that matches your requirement.