Some say that their iPhone WIFI calling is not working after upgrading their device to the latest iOS version. It is needless to mention how troublesome it could be for any iOS user. Let’s learn about this error and its most practical solutions.
Many individuals are waiting to embrace iOS upgrades for a better user experience. However, iOS upgrades can come with some bugs once in a while and disturb regular usage.
One of the common issues after upgrades is the “iPhone WIFI calling not working” issue. According to statistics, this issue is pretty common among Spring users. But even some of the AT&T and O2 users say that they experience the same issue.
An Introduction to Wi-Fi Calling
For those who don’t know, Wi-Fi calling is a special feature introduced since iOS 8, which lets you make phone calls over Wi-Fi without using the mobile network. This feature becomes incredibly helpful for users who don’t have enough mobile carrier signal strength.
One of the best things about Wi-Fi calling is that it allows you to receive phone calls anywhere. The only requirement is to have a Wi-Fi connection. It is needless to say that Wi-Fi calling is a convenient feature to make your life easier.
PS: Let’s figure out how to fix the iPhone stuck on verifying update issues.
How to Easily Use the Wi-Fi Calling Feature on iOS 12?
Regarding iOS 12, Apple has changed the location of the Wi-Fi Calling feature. In earlier versions, the Wi-Fi Calling feature was available under the cellular tab on the iPhone. However, since the iOS 12 upgrade, it has been moved to the Phone app.
So, to locate it, you should go to Settings and choose Phone. Then, you will see the Wi-Fi Calling feature under that category. Based on the type of carrier used, you may find it under the carrier options. Please note that carrier options are available in the cellular settings.
Besides, are you seeing the error “last line no longer available” when making a call? If yes, read this article to know how to get rid of this error pop-up.
What If Your iPhone WIFI Calling Not Working?
Although the Wi-Fi Calling feature is supposed to work all the time solidly, it may experience some issues occasionally. As a result, iOS users will find that their iPhone WIFI Calling is Not Working.
Well, there are several different methods for you to try and get it working once again. We will help you to overcome this issue without leaving you in the dark. So, follow the methods below and get your iPhone Wi-Fi Calling feature up and running again.
Quick fix for iOS 12 users: Here’s a quick method for those who want to fix it quickly. Reboot the device and turn off its cellular data(Could not activate the cellular data network). You should turn off Wi-Fi Calling as well.
After that, you should turn on cellular data and Wi-Fi Calling after a couple of seconds. Just check if it works. For an AT&T connection, you should check if the latest updates for the iOS version are applied.
Method 01: Check for Potential Updates to Fix ‘iPhone WIFI Calling Not Working ‘
The most convenient method to fix the “iPhone WIFI calling not working” issue is to check for updates.
If a carried update has already been released, you should install it. These updates are generally offered whenever the carrier has upgraded its network. So,
The first and easiest method to see if something is awry is to see if a carrier update has been released. These updates are usually released when the carrier has upgraded the network.
If your device is not updated to the latest settings, there can be confusion. So, follow the steps below and get it fixed.
- Launch the Settings app and go to General.
- Then, tap on About.
- You will see a prompt saying whether you need to install the new carrier settings. Just confirm it.
- Once the downloaded is completed, you should get the device restarted. That will ensure that all the settings are appropriately installed.
Method 02: Update Your Subscriber Settings
Here’s another way to fix the “iPhone WIFI calling not working” issue. In this solution, you are required to update the “Subscriber Settings” on the device.
However, you should note that this method is not performed through the device’s Settings app. So, this method can be tried if you are a Sprint subscriber. So, instead of Settings, you should use the “Phone” feature.
- Launch the “Phone” app on the device.
- Now, dial ##25327# on the keyboard.
- Wait for some seconds; you will see that the process starts automatically.
- If you notice that Sprint service loses its signals, don’t worry. The signals will return.
- Once the update is done, you will see the Spring Wi-Fi logo on the status bar.
Also, do you want to know in detail about what does outgoing call mean? If yes, then you are at the right place to learn everything about the outgoing call.
Method 03: Toggle on and off Airplane Mode
This super-easy method can get the device back in normal mode. This could be one of the easiest ways to fix the “iPhone WIFI calling not working” issue. All you should do is turn on Airplane mode on your device and turn it off once again.
With this trick, all the wireless connections on the device will be turned off and refreshed. For instance, its Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Cellular Data will be turned off. Once you disable the Airplane mode, the connections will restart.
Putting your device on Airplane mode is super easy. However, we have listed the steps for your convenience. There are two options to get it done.
- Launch Control Center.
- Tap on the button that looks like an Airplane to activate Airplane Mode.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Tap on the same button once again to deactivate it.
- Launch the “Settings” option.
- Then, tap on the “Airplane Mode” to turn it on.
- Wait at least for about 30 seconds.
- Toggle off the “Airplane Mode.”
Once the Airplane Mode is turned off, the device’s wireless connections will be restarted. That will fix minor connection issues associated with the respective device. So, after togging the Airplane Mode, you should check if the issue is fixed.
Method 04: Disable Mobile Data to Fix ‘iPhone WIFI Calling Not Working ‘
Airplane Mode indeed helps you get rid of the wireless connections. However, in addition to that, you can try disabling the mobile data only to fix the issue.
Once you turn off the mobile data will force the device to utilize the Wi-Fi network only.
Just like with the previous method, you can turn off mobile data using two methods.
- First, open your Control Center.
- Tap on the icon that represents the network.
- Wait at least for about one minute.
- Activate the network once again by tapping on the Network icon.
- Launch the Settings.
- Go to the “Cellular” option.
- Toggle off the option “Cellular Data.”
- Wait at least one minute.
- Toggle on “Cellular Data” once again.
Also, some individuals say that Wi-Fi calling functionality works after choosing Wi-Fi as the primary network connection.
Method 05: Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
You already know that the Wi-Fi Calling feature works on both mobile and Wi-Fi networks. So, it is a smart move to reset the Network Settings on the device.
With that said, the process of resetting Network Settings is straightforward.
- Go to Settings and choose “General.”
- Scroll down to locate “Reset” and tap on it.
- Select the option called “Reset Network Settings.”
- Provide the passcode.
- Confirm your action.
After resetting the Network Settings, all the Wi-Fi passwords will be lost. So, you will have to enter the passwords once again.
Method 06: Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
This can be considered a pretty intense method that fixes the “iPhone WIFI calling not working” issue.
We list this method as the last fix because it wipes out all the data in your device. So, you shouldn’t try it unless all the other methods have failed.
Also, before proceeding with this method, you should create a backup of the data available on the device.
● Create a backup
First of all, create a backup of the data available on your device. This step is compulsory for those who don’t want to lose their data during the process.
- Go to Settings and tap on the Apple ID.
- After that, select the iPhone from the available list of devices.
- Now, tap on the option called “iCloud Backup.”
- Then, tap on the option called “Back Up Now.”
● Turn off your device’s “Find My iPhone” feature
Once the backup is created, you should ensure that the “Find My iPhone” feature is turned off. Below are simple steps to get it done.
- First, you should launch “Settings.”
- Then, tap on the option called Apple ID.
- Now, select your device from the available list.
- After that, tap on the option called “Find My iPhone.”
- Toggle that option off.
- Now, enter your Apple ID password.
● Wipe the data off
This step will get rid of all the data available on your iOS device. Mentioned below is how to get it done.
- Go to “Settings” & select the option called “General.”
- Now, please scroll down & tap on the option “Reset.”
- Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Confirm your action.
Please note that this process will take a couple of minutes. Once everything is deleted, you can start the device from scratch. If required, you can use the existing backup from an iCloud backup.
Once everything is configured, the device should work, and the iPhone WIFI calling not working issue should be gone.
Important: Are you an iPhone user who uses the iOS device for conference calls and the Merge Calls feature? And, if you find it difficult to use the Merge Calls feature, disable Wi-Fi calling feature. Otherwise, the quality of the calls may be very poor.
So, that’s how to fix the iPhone WIFI calling not working issue on your iOS device. If you have further questions, please let us know.