If you are bothered because Hulu on Roku not working, here’s a must-read guide. The content of this guide will reveal all the possible, practical solutions to address this issue.
There are a lot of Roku TV and Roku Stick owners who don’t have access to Hulu. Problems accessing Hulu on Roku devices have been reported by a number of users.
That means the users who have Roku express, streaming, premiere, Roku Ultra, or Roku TV. If you try to run the Hulu app, you may find that it fails to load properly. Or it may get stuck on the logo and never move on to the Hulu welcome page.
Whenever they attempt to access the Hulu app on their Roku, some customers have claimed that it crashes. It’s frustrating whenever Hulu stops working on Roku devices. Also, many users are at a loss as to what to do about it. But don’t worry; we’ve included some tried-and-true solutions to address this issue.
What Can You Do When Hulu Not Working on Roku?
Now, let’s take a look at the solutions now. In this case, we will explain several different solutions to consider based on the type of error.
Besides, when you experience Sharp Roku TV black screen, needless to mention how annoying it is. Here, let’s figure out its reasons and best solutions!
01. Restart Your Roku Device Using the Settings
Fixing Hulu problems on most Roku players is as easy as following this one simple tip. For this technique, a Roku device reset is required.
If you’re experiencing problems while broadcasting on your Roku, try restarting the system located in Roku’s settings menu. This article will guide you through the process of restarting your system.
Here’s how to do that.
- First, please go to the home screen of Roku.
- Then, select “Settings.”
- Once you have done that, select “Power“.
- Go to System Restart.
- Select “Restart.”
Check if it works now.
But if this option doesn’t work, use the following method.
- First, please press the “Home” button on your Roku remote five consecutive times.
- After that, you should press its “Up” button once.
- Then, press the “Rewind” button two times and then the fast forward button two times.
Your Roku device will be restarted within a few seconds. When it is restarted, check if it works correctly.
Also, many streamers have complained about Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV. Let’s figure out the reasons and best seven solutions to easily fix it.
02. Check if Hulu is Down
We do recommend checking for a Hulu outage before continuing with any troubleshooting procedures. You can use downdetector.com for this purpose. Here you can determine whether the Hulu problems are on your side or the services.
Assume that the Hulu status page says the service is temporarily unavailable in your region. In that case, you have no control over the situation.
If Hulu is experiencing server troubles, please be patient while they resolve the problem. Once the problem has been fixed, you should be able to access Hulu normally again.
In addition, do you know that you can install Hulu on Kodi? Here, we have covered the process of installing Hulu on Kodi step-by-step for free.
03. Remove Hulu from Your Roku Device and Add It Again
Many people have reported success in resolving the “Hulu on Roku not working” issue by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
By removing Hulu from your Roku and installing it again, you can force the device to delete cache data. If the Hulu channel isn’t working, try uninstalling and then re-adding it to your Roku.
- Go to the main screen of Roku.
- Then, go to its channel list and choose Hulu.
- After that, hit the * button on the remote.
- Then, select the option called Remove Channel so you can remove the Hulu channel.
- Return to the home button and select “Settings.”
- After that, go to the option called “Power” and choose to perform a system restart. Select “Restart.”
- Once the Roku device is restarted, add the same (Hulu).
- Check if Hulu not working on Roku is fixed.
What Prevents You from Installing Hulu on Your Device?
The Hulu app might be missing from your Roku streaming player. In some locations, this may occur due to a lack of availability. Although Roku is accessible worldwide, not all channels may be accessible in all areas depending on the app provider.
If you can’t seem to discover Hulu on Roku, it could not be available in the region. If not, Hulu for Roku won’t download or update.
04. Power Cycle the Roku Device (TV or Stick)
Performing a power cycle on your Roku Stick or TV is an effective method to try in this case.
- Unplug your Roku device from the TV.
- Turn off the Roku device as well as the TV.
- Leave them like that for about 20 minutes.
- Then, plug the TV in. The Roku stick should be connected to the TV now.
- Turn on the Roku device.
- Check if it works properly.
For Roku TVs, follow the steps below.
- Switch off your Roku device.
- Unplug it.
- Press your TV’s power button and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Plug your device back into the Roku TV and see if it works.
05. Perform a Power Cycle on the Router
Sometimes rebooting the device is all that’s needed to fix a sluggish or nonfunctional internet connection. This should fix your router by erasing any temporary files or bugs preventing it from functioning normally.
These are the procedures to reboot your router.
- First, unplug your router.
- Wait for about 10 minutes.
- Plug the router back into its power source.
- Switch it on.
When the router is switched on, check if everything works fine.
06. Check if There’s Something Wrong with Roku’s Internet Connection
With Roku’s settings, you can also see if it is connected to the internet. You may see if your Roku is linked to your TV using the instructions below.
- Press your Roku remote’s home button.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Network.”
- Select “About.”
- Check if the signal strength is “Excellent” or “Good.” Anything less than that will lead to various issues.
Do You Have a Fast Enough Internet Connection?
A fast and reliable internet connection is required for the use of any streaming service. The streaming experience on the Roku device may be compromised by a slow or unreliable internet connection.
What Are the Minimum Internet Connection Requirements?
For your Hulu service to perform correctly, it should have at least 2 Mbps of speed for SD quality. For 1080p Full HD, you should have 7 Mbps or better. You can select a service like speedtest.net to check the speed of the connection.
What Makes Your Internet Connection Slow?
Mentioned below are the reasons for the slowness in your internet connection.
- Your device might be placed far away from the device. So, just move the devices closer and see if it works.
- Your router has some errors, so you should either try to fix it or contact the respective ISP.
- If you are not sure about the error, you should contact the service provider to fix the connection.
07. Update the Roku Device
Occasional issues can arise on your Roku device if it is not updated for a pretty long time. In this case, the only solution is to update the firmware.
- Go to the Home Screen.
- After that, scroll down and select the option called “System.”
- Select the option called “System Update.”
- Now, update the firmware.
Check if the problem is solved.
Are You Using a Compatible Device?
Older Roku players do not work with Hulu. So, you’re using an outdated Roku device to try to stream Hulu; unfortunately, you can’t.
So, let’s check the below list to see if your Roku streaming player is Hulu-compatible.
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premier and Roku Premier+
- Roku Express and Roku Express+
- Roku 3 and Roku 4
- Roku 2
- Roku Streaming Stick
- 4K Roku TV
- Roku TV
If you cannot find your device in the above list, you should go to the official website of Hulu. Then, you will be able to find what sort of devices are supported by their service. However, if your device is not supported, you might have to buy a new device.
08. Perform a Factory Reset
Have you tried everything else, and your Roku still isn’t working? In that case, you might try powering it down and turning it back on. You can return your Roku TV to its original settings by performing a factory reset.
The issues with Hulu on a Roku should now be resolved. Please find below a simple guide on how to reset a Roku.
- Open the Settings option on the Roku device in question.
- Select “System“.
- Select “Advanced System Settings.”
- Go to Factory Reset.
- Add Hulu after the reset.
If none of the solutions work, you should contact Hulu, Roku, or both teams. Then, explain your situation and see if they can find a solution.
Now that you know what to do when Hulu not working on Roku, please share your thoughts with us.