If you want to customize an Android device, you will have to use reliable firmware flashing software. Odin is surely among the few reliable firmware that supports customizing Samsung devices in particular.
In addition to that, Odin has the ability to fix bricked Samsung devices, as well. Over the past period, Odin is used by plenty of users, and the reviews they have left are impressive.
With that said, this article is composed of those who wonder how to use Odin. So, keep reading if you fall into that category.
It is true that Odin is a very popular software, and it is used by many users who praise it.
However, there are some individuals who have no idea about the functionality of this tool. If you are one of them and you need to know how to use Odin correctly, read on.
Part 1: Introduction to Odin
Before we get into the steps on how to use Odin, let’s get a general idea about Odin. Such knowledge will give you an idea about what exactly you are dealing with.
In a nutshell, Odin is special software that works perfectly on Windows platforms. It allows you to flash a variety of files into your Samsung device that runs on Android OS.
In fact, there is no shortage of file types that can be flashed using Odin into your Android-based Samsung. For instance, you can flash custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom recoveries, custom files, and stock firmware using Odin.
The truth is that you cannot use Odin on Mac or Linux. Nevertheless, you can use one of your friend’s PC and use Odin if you don’t have a Windows PC.
Odin is a safe, reliable, and stable software that comes with plenty of positive reviews. Pretty much all those reviews talk positively about Odin.
So far, Odin is not reported to have any malware in it. Also, it doesn’t collect any user information, as well. That is why many Android experts recommend Odin to be their reliable tool for flashing Android devices.
PS: click here to learn more about how to fix Kernel is Not Seandroid Enforcing issue with ease.
Part 2: How Can You Download Odin?
Now you have a general understanding of Odin and its purpose, let’s learn how to download it. In fact, there is no shortage of options that offer copies of Odin for free. You can use any of those websites to download a copy.
However, we strongly recommend you download it from a reliable website. Because there are many websites that offer software utilities for free, they can contain malware.
Also, some of those websites can collect your personal information through tricky processes and misuse them. Some of the tools can even install addons on your browser and annoy you later on. To avoid such unpleasant instances, you will have to use a reliable website that is trusted.
The best thing to do is to perform a simple Google search so you will yield plenty of results.
Go through the list carefully and choose a reliable website that has an excellent rating. On the search page of Google, you will see user ratings, as well. So, choose one with good awareness.
Part 3: How to Use Odin and Fix a Samsung Device
Now, in this section of our article, we explain how to use Odin and get your Samsung device fixed. If you have already downloaded Odin software, the next process is to flash the firmware on your device.
In this case, you will be using stock firmware. The term ‘stock firmware’ is another word for a ‘stock operating system’ that can be flashed on your device. In other words, the stock OS is the preloaded OS in your Android device by default.
Just like with Odin, there are several sites that allow you to download the firmware (stock firmware) for the device. You can perform a simple search on it and find a reliable website for the purpose of downloading.
Make sure that you download the appropriate firmware that matches your device model.
Then, You Can Follow the Instructions Mentioned Below to Fix Your Device Through Odin.
- First of all, you should turn the faulty device off simply by using the ‘Power‘ button.
- After the device is turned off, you should press and hold the ‘Volume Down‘, ‘Home‘, and ‘Power‘ buttons. Press all these buttons simultaneously and hold them firmly. As a result, you will see that the device is rebooting into the download mode of ‘Samsung‘.
- Now, connect the device to the same computer on which you have installed Odin. Make sure that you are using the default USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now, launch the Odin tool simply by performing a double-click on the desktop icon.
- Once the Odin tool is launched, you will be able to click on the button labeled ‘PDA‘. Then, you should choose the stock firmware file which is already downloaded and saved on the computer.
- You can now click on the option called ‘Start‘ within the interface of Odin. You can then see the process begins to flash the stock firmware on the device.
Once the firmware is successfully flashed on the device, you can reboot it. After performing the reboot, you can see that your Samsung device is unbricked, and it works fine like new.
Part 4: How to Save Your Samsung Device in an Easier Manner
It is true that Odin allows you to unbrick your Samsung device, and that’s a great relief for you. However, the truth is that Odin requires to you do some hard work, and it requires considerable effort.
Searching for the correct firmware and following some complex steps are obvious with Odin. This can be pretty annoying for many users who prefer convenience.
So, is there a convenient alternative? Can’t we get it done in an easier way? The good news is that there is a very convenient solution to this matter.
If you are a novice or a user who prefers the ease of use, there is a very powerful alternative to Odin.
In that case, we highly recommend you to use dedicated software that can do the job for you. The name of this solution is Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android. This is powerful software that gives you the opportunity of flashing a stock ROM on your Android device.
In addition to flashing, Tenorshare ReiBoot offers the option of repairing various other issues related to Android devices. The best thing about Tenorshare ReiBoot is that it doesn’t want you to download the firmware.
Instead, it downloads the most appropriate firmware automatically. All you need is to provide accurate details about the device model, and the rest will happen automatically.
You can repair your Android-based Samsung device in three easy steps using this powerful software.
- This software utility is trusted by a wide range of individuals across the globe.
- Impressive recovery rate when it comes to repairing Android-related devices.
- This software is perfectly compatible with all the Samsung smartphones and tablets that are currently used.
- You don’t want to have the technical knowledge to use this software.
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that should be followed in order to fix your Samsung smartphone.
- Download & launch Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android, then please connect your Samsung phone to the computer and click on the “Repair Android System“.
- Now, please click the “Repair Now” button to proceed.
- ReiBoot for Android Pro is downloading the latest firmware package for your Android device followed by entering the correct detailed information about your phone.
- After the firmware download is completed, Please tap on ‘Repair Now‘.
- The repairing process will begin and it will take a few minutes.
So, that’s how to use Odin. And, as a bonus, we introduced you to this handy Android repair tool called Tenorshare ReiBoot.
We appreciate your feedback about the methods we explained here. So, please leave us a comment below with your honest opinion.