Many of our readers say they want to know how to unlock iPod Touch without a password.
With this article, we intend to answer their question and explain how to get it done easily. So, if you have the same question, please keep reading and learn the solution.
iPod Touch is programmed to lock automatically if you enter an incorrect lock screen passcode consecutively. Some iPod users say the notification tells them to wait four years to unlock it.
Well, what do you prefer? Do you want to learn how to unlock iPod Touch without a password? Or wait for four years? Perhaps, you would love the former instead of waiting for that long to use your beloved device. So, we will explain how to get it done without any complexity here.
In general, it is not easy to unlock your iPod Touch if you don’t have the passcode. However, our methods will teach you how to get it done easily. If you have forgotten the passcode or if you simply don’t know it, you can use the below-mentioned steps.
Part 1: How to Unlock iPod Touch Without a Password Using Professional Software?
The most convenient and effective method to unlock iPod Touch is to use a powerful third-party software tool. In fact, there are plenty of tools claiming that they can unlock iOS devices—however, not all those tools are as effective as they claim to be.
So, you should do plenty of research before choosing a tool. In this case, we have done the hard work for you. According to our experience, we found two powerful and highly successful tools that can unlock your iPod Touch.
In this section, let’s explain those two tools: iToolab UnlockGo and Tenoreshare 4uKey.
Using iToolab UnlockGo
iToolab UnlockGo (iOS) is the first we introduce in this guide. This perfectly designed tool has a very smart algorithm to unlock iOS devices. This powerful tool can easily unlock all the iOS models like iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone.
Compared to conventional methods like iCloud and recovery modes, LockWiper shows a greater success rate. This is one of the most effective tools that can be used to unlock the iPod touch easily.
Mentioned Below Are the Key Features Associated with iToolab UnlockGo
- It can easily unlock your disabled iPod Touch or iOS devices with a single-click operation. This is known as “One-Click to unlock iPod Touch without password.”
- iToolab can unlock 4-digit and 6-digit passcodes in addition to Touch ID and Face ID. Moreover, it can unlock iPads and iPhones as well.
- It can unlock iOS devices that run on the most recent iOS versions.
- iToolab UnlockGo can unlock even the latest iOS devices.
- You can use it to unlock the device even if you have forgotten the iCloud password.
- It can be used to remove the existing iCloud account and sign in using a new one.
- It has already received impressive feedback from thousands of users. The overall success rate of this software is very impressive.
How to Unlock iPod Touch Without a Password Using iToolab UnlockGo?
Now that you know the features of this software. Let’s learn how to use it. Although it’s super-easy to use this tool, we explain it step-by-step, so it is even easier.
- First, download & launch iToolab UnlockGo on the PC. On the main screen, you see a button labeled “Unlock Screen Passcode.” Just click on it.
- Now, connect the iPod Touch device to the same computer. Be sure that you use the original lightning cables that Apple provides. This is important to avoid potential interruptions. It will start to load the device information on the screen. If it doesn’t load the information, you should follow the on-screen guide so you can continue.
- You should confirm your iPod Touch device information at this state. You should select the accurate information through its drop-down menu if you see incorrect information. Once you have done that, you should click on the option “Download.”
- After that, you should click on the option “Unlock Now.”
- After a couple of minutes, you will see that the iPod Touch is unlocked. You can use your device without providing the password from now onwards.
Besides, if you wonder about how to unlock the iPad Mini, iToolab UnlockGo can help you solve the problem too.
The next option is Tenorshare 4uKey. This is another powerful and very smart tool that can unlock any iOS device, including iPod Touch. This impressive app has been admired by a large number of users across the globe today.
You can use this on your computer and connect the faulty device to proceed. You can consider 4uKey as one of the best tools to unlock any iOS device without passwords (4uKey review).
Below are the steps you should follow to unlock your iPod using Tenorshare 4uKey.
- First, you should download Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer and install it. After that, launch the software to proceed to the unlocking process.
- Now, you should find a genuine data cable provided by Apple to prevent interruptions.
- Once your iPod is detected by the tool, you go to the main panel. Then, you should see a button labeled “Next.” Just click on it to proceed to the next step.
- After that, it will prompt a message saying that it needs to download the firmware package.
- Click on the option “Download” so 4uKey will download the most appropriate firmware package. Be sure to choose a destination to save the location.
- Once the respective firmware package is downloaded, you should click on the “Start to Remove” option. That will begin the process of unlocking.
Please note that it will take a couple of minutes to unlock the device fully. Until then, you should keep the device connected to the computer without touching it.
This could be one of the most convenient methods to unlock an iPod Touch device. So, for those who wonder how to unlock iPod Touch without a password, 4uKey is a superb option.
Part 2: Basic Methods to Unlock Your iPod Touch
In this part, let’s explain how to unlock iPod Touch without a password with basic methods. You can use these methods if you don’t want to use those professional tools mentioned above.
#1. Restore iTunes Backup to Unlock Your iPod Touch
It is possible to restore your iPod Touch using the iTunes backup. However, this is only possible if you have created a backup on the device. Also, the computer should be trusted beforehand on the device.
Basically, this method is performed using iTunes. Although it sounds like the most convenient way, its requirements are pretty tough. Anyway,
Let’s see how to unlock the device through iTunes.
- Launch iTunes and go to the Summary of your iPod Touch.
- You will see an option called Restore Backup. Just click on that.
- Now, a window will appear, asking if you want to choose the device backup to restore. Make sure to choose the proper option and click on “Restore.”
- Now, your device will restart. After that, the device will start to sync the data.
- Make sure that the process gets completed in full before disconnecting the device.
- Once the process is finished, you will see a notification.
Some Prerequisites of This Method
Mentioned below are the prerequisites you should fulfill before proceeding.
- Before proceeding, it is compulsory to have a backup of the iPod Touch on a computer.
- Your existing data will be overwritten with the old backup.
#2. Erase in Recovery Mode to Unlock Your iPod Touch
Your iOS device comes with a feature called “Recovery Mode.” This feature allows you to put the device into reset mode. To do that, you should use the physical keys.
Below are the steps to unlock iPod Touch without a password.
- First, you should connect the iPod Touch device to a computer.
- You should simultaneously press and hold the Home and top buttons. This will bring the iTunes icon on your screen together with an icon of a power cable.
- Now, iTunes will detect your device when it’s in recovery mode.
- It will bring a separate window and state an issue with the device.
- Just press the option called “OK.” The process will take about 15 minutes.
Some Prerequisites of This Method
Mentioned below is the prerequisite you should fulfill before proceeding.
- It erases all the data stored on your iOS device.
Well, that’s how to unlock iPod Touch without a password. As you can see, professional tools like 4uKey and UnlockGo are the best methods to get it done. However, you are free to try other methods if you can tolerate their consequences.