Knowing how to turn off screen mirroring is almost a must-know for any smartphone user these days. So, we thought of composing this article focusing on the proper and easy way of turning it off. Let’s go ahead and learn this process on different devices.
Mirroring your screen is a great way to have a good time while doing things like watching films. It also becomes handy in playing games or using gorgeous backdrops.
However, disabling it can be a bit of a pain. And most importantly, you certainly don’t want your privacy compromised by accident. We’ll get to the benefits of screen mirroring in a minute; for now, here’s how to disable it.
1. Turning Off Screen Mirroring on an iOS Device (iPads and iPhones)
If you are an iOS device user and wonder how to turn off screen mirroring on it, keep reading.
Besides, If you wonder how to full screen mirroring from Android to TV, here is the complete guide you should follow to screen mirroring between different devices.
● Go to Control Center
Swipe down starting from the rightmost corner of the screen on iOS 12 or later. The iOS 11 feature that allows users to swipe up from the home screen isn’t available on older devices.
You will be able to find this Screen Mirroring feature under several other options. Just tap it so you can see the device to which your phone is mirrored.
Also, are you experiencing a screen mirroring not working error and looking for a solution? Well, here are the best solutions you can try.
● Tap on the Option Called “Stop Mirroring”
Since you want to stop the mirroring feature, you should access the screen mirroring feature. To do that,
- Open “Settings” and select “General.”
- Tap on the option called “AirPlay & Handoff.”
- Now, select the option called “Automatically AirPlay to TVs.”
- There are three options; Never, Ask, and Automatic. Just select “Never” to proceed.
2. Turning Off Mirroring on an Android Device
While different Android phones may have slightly different features, they all share a function known as Casting. Please note that it is also known as Screencast as well in some situations.
This article will discuss the numerous methods available for disabling the screen mirroring feature on an Android device.
Smart View/Screen Cast
Most Android smartphone home screen’s quick links pane is where you’ll find Smart View or Screencast.
With a simple tap, you will be able to power down all of your connected gadgets. Keep in mind that there may be differences in model names and even physical appearance.
If You Own a Xiaomi Phone, Check out This Guide:
- First, you should select “Settings.”
- Then, perform a search on “Screen Cast.”
- Tap on the Cast option.
- Disconnect all the devices that are displayed under screen mirroring.
Use Google Home
If you intend to make use of Google Home to accomplish the same task, here’s how to do that.
To accomplish this task, however, the smartphone and the respective Chromecast should be on the same network.
- Launch Google Home.
- You can see the connected devices as a list.
- Select the device that should be disconnected.
- Tap on the option called “Stop Mirroring.”
3. How to Turn Off Screen Mirroring on a PC
Well, Windows 7 includes a feature called “Project to this PC” for screen mirroring. You probably already have if you wish to disable the mirroring function. Simply turning it off is all that’s required.
Let’s check over the Windows 10 settings for disabling screen mirroring.
- Open Settings.
- After that, go to the option called “System Settings.”
- Scroll down and locate “Projecting to this PC.”
- There are three menus. Well, the option that says “Some Windows &…….” It should be selected now. Then, you will find three different options. For instance, you can see “Available Everywhere,” “Available Everywhere on Secured Networks,” & “Always Off.” Just select the option called “Always Off.”
- Do you intend to avoid future projections as well? If so, just tap on the 2nd option. That means the option that says “Ask to projects…..” Then, you will get two different options. “Every Time connection requested” and “First Time Only” are those options you can select. You can select the former to proceed.
- Well, if you expect better security on the connection, there’s another step you can take. It is possible to enable the option called “Require PIN for pairing” Just select it, and then you should select the option called “Always.”
- In addition to that, you can see an Additional icon too. You will see that at the bottom of the page. It says “This PC….” Just tap on that button and toggle the option to “On” mode.
And that’s how to turn off screen mirroring on a Windows PC.
4. Disabling the Screen Mirroring Option on Your Chromebook
When it comes to screencasting Chromebooks, there’re two different solutions to try.
You wish to switch off your device’s screen mirror on the Chromebook when a different device mirrors the display.
You intend to switch off the mirroring on every device completely.
To Solve Instance 01:
- First, you should open the “Settings” option on your app launcher.
- Then, select the option called “Device.” Then, you should select the option called “Power.”
- Enable the option called “Sleep when cover is closed.”
To Solve Instance 02:
- Go to the “Device” menu and select the “Displays” option to proceed.
- Now, you can see two different display screens. You can then uncheck the boxes with the text “Mirror Build-in Display.”
And that’s how to turn off screen mirroring.
5: Turning Off Screen Mirroring on a Mac
It is possible to disable the AirPlay feature on your iMac or even MacBook with the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should reach the menu bar on your device and select System Preferences. Once you have done that, go to “Displays.”
- You can click on the existing “Drop Down.” Then, you will be able to see all the connected devices there. Click on the option called “AirPlay Display.” Select the option “Off.”
- You can even disable AirPlay from the home screen. All you need is to look for a logo of AirPlay on its header menu. You can see that in the top area of the screen. In fact, it looks like a small rectangle that has a triangle.
- Click on that icon. Now, you should be able to view all the devices that are connected for casting. Now, click on the option called “Turn AirPlay Off.”
And, that’s how to turn off screen mirroring if you are using a Mac.
6: Disabling the Screen Mirror Feature on a TV
The defaults for various TV models vary. That being said, the procedures may differ slightly. We recommend fiddling around with your phone and TV preferences.
On the other hand, we’ll demonstrate a few other methods for disabling the screen mirroring function on a TV.
For Samsung TVs
You should check the app called “Samsung SmartThings.” In general, all Samsung devices come with this app pre-installed. However, if your device doesn’t have it, just reinstall it.
- First, you should open the app called SmartThings. Then, select the option called “SmartView,” located under quick links. You can see it on the homepage.
- You will then be able to find the popup option that displays every connected device. Then, you can slide this toggle so you can turn off the feature called screen mirroring.
For Sony TVs
Here’s how to turn off screen mirroring on a Sony TV. You can go to Apps and select Screen Mirroring. Then, make sure that you disable the app. Also, if you own a Sony smartphone, you can follow the steps below to proceed.
- Select “Settings” and go to “Device Connection.”
- Go to “Screen Mirroring.”
- Tap on the button called “Disconnect.”
For LG TVs
When it comes to mirroring the screen to an LG TV, use an app called LG ThinQ. Select the option called “Screen Sharing.” Then, view the devices that are connected. After that, tap on the option called “Disconnect.”
You should know that many brands of TV come with a specific app to enable or disable Screen Mirroring. And that’s how to turn off screen mirroring on different devices.
Bonus: Casting Your Mobile Device’s Screen Without Using the Screen Mirroring Feature
Can you picture yourself being able to watch the shows and play those favorite games on the big screen? How about doing it whenever you want without ever having to activate screen mirroring? Sounds good, doesn’t it? Just get yourself an Amazon Fire Stick, and you’ll be set!
This little plug-in gadget measures only three inches in length, but it can store hundreds of hours of television.
Connect it with your existing Amazon account. All the purchased stuff will become available to you after that. Plugging this into any TV will let you feel right at home, even while away from home.
So, that’s basically about how to turn off screen mirroring. Do you want to know anything else about this matter? Please let us know.