Many users want to know how to send large videos on WhatsApp via iPhone and Android devices due to the 16mb-limitation it features.
So, here we intend to explain how to get that job done without much trouble.
There is no doubt about the popularity of WhatsApp; it has become a norm in terms of communication. You will find it exceptionally convenient to send and receive files with WhatsApp, apart from making calls.
However, there is a limitation when it comes to sharing large files through WhatsApp. That’s exactly why many individuals explore methods that can exceed this limitation.
So, go ahead and check how to send large videos on WhatsApp.
Part 1: The limitations applied to WhatsApp video
Besides the large range of friendly features of WhatsApp, there are some restrictions when you share video files. So, knowing those limitations can be handy for any WhatsApp user. In this section, we discuss those restrictions when it comes to video file sharing.
PS: if you are experiencing the errors like WhatsApp not working, here are the top solutions for you.
When it comes to the biggest shareable video size on WhatsApp, is 16 megabytes. Any user will not like such a limitation. So, if it is a standard video, you can expect a video shorter than 2-3 mnts. The same ratio can be applied to other types of files you might share.
Besides, let’s figure out how to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone.
● Video formats that are compatible with WhatsApp
In addition to the size, WhatsApp has a limitation when it comes to the file formats as well. That means WhatsApp is compatible with some video formats only. For instance, it allows you to share MP4, AVI, MOV, 3GP, and MKV.
Also, the codec capabilities will affect the compatibility of the files. That means the video files you share should retain the H264 codec. On the other hand, the audio codec should be AAC. Otherwise, you will not be able to share the files as expected.
Part 2: What is the best way to reduce the size of the videos
You might be reading this article to learn how to send large videos on WhatsApp via Android or iPhones. Well, in this case, a tool like Wondershare UniConverter can be very handy for you.
In fact, you can consider UniConverter to be a comprehensive tool kit that comes with versatile features. It is capable of reducing the sizes of the videos without dropping the quality. It can convert videos to be compatible with different devices like Android, iPads, and iPhones.
Also, it can download videos from different sources and convert them to different formats. You can use the same tool to share the videos with other devices as well. On top of that, it’s possible to use this tool on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Mainly, in this case, UniConverter can be used to compress your videos to a WhatsApp-compatible size.
- It can compress videos into very small ones so you can share them without any burden.
- It works seamlessly with more than 1000 audio and video formats.
- You can use the same tool to edit videos to crop, add watermarks, rotate, and perform other tasks.
- It has the ability to transfer files, including videos, from your PC or Mac to other devices.
- It works with more than 10000 video-sharing platforms to download videos.
- Convert and compress several video files at once (batch conversion or compression).
- It has a very powerful toolbox with greater versatility.
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS systems.
How to send large videos on WhatsApp after converting them through UniConverter
Mentioned below is how to send large videos on WhatsApp iPhone or Android after converting it through UniConverter.
● First, you should add the respective video to the application interface.
First, you should download and install the application on your computer. Then, you should see the tab labeled “Video Compressor.” The respective tab will be opened as per the default settings. Then, you should click the button called “Add Files.” That will let you import the videos from your local storage. If not, you can even “Drag” those files and “Drop” them to the interface.
● Set the parameters of the video that should be compressed
Now, you will be able to find the Gear-like icon, which is located under “Target.” Then, you should drag the slide bar so you can adjust the video file’s parameters. For instance, you can change the resolution as well as the bitrate in order to reduce the video’s size. Also, it gives you the option of previewing the output video for a period of 20 seconds.
● Compress the video
Now, you should hit the option called Convert, which is located next to “Start All.”
● Transfer the file
Once the compression is completed, you can find them under the tab labeled “Finished.” Then, perform a right-click on that file and check if the respective file is there. You can choose “Open Fil-Location” to proceed.
After that, you are supposed to connect the phone to the same computer using a good USB cable. You can add the output file using the option called “File Location.” Once the file is located, you should choose the option called “Transfer.”
Part 3: Other methods to send pretty larger video files
Now that you know how to send large videos on WhatsApp, let’s learn about some alternatives. In this case, you will be able to use the below-mentioned options.
- Method 01: You can trim down unwanted parts of the video you intend to compress. To do that, you should use a tool with converting ability for Android or iPhone. Then, it will allow you to bring the size of the video down to 16MB.
- Method 02: Split the image videos into several smaller pieces (each less than 16MB) and share them.
- Method 03: Use an online tool to compress WhatsApp videos for free and send them through WhatsApp.
Let’s take a look at those methods in a detailed manner.
Method 01: How to send large video on WhatsApp Android device
In this section, let’s learn how to send large videos on WhatsApp Android devices.
- In this case, you will have to look up the PlayStore and choose a good video converter. That should be able to trim off the unwanted segments.
- Then, you can even cut the long video into several different video clips. All those video clips must be smaller than 16MB.
- Now, it is possible to share those videos through WhatsApp.
Method 02: How to send large video on WhatsApp iPhone
This paragraph will explain how to send large videos on WhatsApp iPhone.
- First, you should go to the App Store of Apple and find a good video converter.
- Once you have done that, you can share that video clip with someone you like.
Method 03: Sending large videos on WhatsApp using an online method
- First, you should open any web browser and go to the URL Media.io. After that, choose the option called “Video Compressor.” That can be seen in the menu called “Online Tools.”
- You can click on the option called “Add File.” After that, you can add any video from the PC to proceed.
- You can then choose the size and the quality of the output and click on “Compress.” That will compress the video according to the parameters you have set.
It is true that WhatsApp has some “stingy” features when it comes to the size of the files. So, if you have a pretty large video to share, you may consider sharing it in a different manner. In fact, there are two excellent methods to get it done. Mentioned below are those methods for your reference.
01. Google Drive
One of the best methods you can try is Google Drive when it comes to sharing large files. As of today, there are many individuals who use Drive on their devices to backup files. You can make use of the same feature to share files too.
Mentioned below is the process of sending large video files on WhatsApp through Google Drive.
- First, you should upload your data to Google Drive. To do that, you should click the “+” icon if it can be found on its home screen. If not, you can share it directly and choose to save it in Google Drive.
- After uploading the file into Google Drive, you should hit the respective file or files. Then, hold it for a couple of minutes. Several options can be seen, and choose the option called “Copy Link.”
- After that, you should open WhatsApp. Then, launch a chat with someone.
- Now, click onside the text area and paste that link. Now, your contacts will be able to download the content.
Dropbox is another excellent online option that can be used to share videos or any other file online. In this case, you are supposed to have an account in Dropbox. As the first step, you should register for an account. Then, proceed with the following steps.
- You can launch Dropbox now and choose to click the “+” symbol. Then, you can navigate to the respective video that should be added. After that, you can click on the icon that appears as three dots to proceed. Then, you can hit the option called “Share.”
- When you’re on a new screen, generate a link to download. You can copy that URL. Then, you may share the same with your WhatsApp contact.
Drawbacks and benefits associated with Cloud-based solutions
It is true that cloud-based solutions are perfect to accomplish some tasks. However, there are some limitations associated with cloud-based solutions. Mentioned below are those benefits and drawbacks to consider.
- Those platforms allow you to share huge files on social media with no issue.
- It can be used as a backup option.
- They are pretty reliable
- Cloud-based data is safe even if something happens to your physical hard drives.
- Cloud-based storage systems always come with some limitations when it comes to shareable file size.
- No editing or improvement options are available.
- They don’t offer file conversion options.
- The upload and download process will take a considerably longer period based on connection speed and bandwidth.
Part 5. How to send large videos on WhatsApp from one device to another
You may often wonder how to transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another. Such requirement often appears when you have to switch from one device to another. For instance, after purchasing a new device. If you wonder how to transfer that data successfully, mentioned below is how to do it.
To make things a lot easier, you can use a professional tool like iCareFone Transfer. It is a superb file manager that can transfer WhatsApp data between different platforms as well. For instance, it can transfer WhatsApp data from an Android phone to an iPhone or vice-versa.
Mentioned below is how to send large videos on WhatsApp from one device to another.
- Download iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer and install it on your PC. Then, you should connect both smartphones to the same computer. Click on the option called “Transfer.” Be sure that the older device is connected first.
- Then, you should create a backup of the WhatsApp data. To do that, you can click on “Continue.”
- During this process, make sure that you verify the account (by entering your phone number).
- It will take a couple of minutes. Then, you will see a message “Transfer Successful.”
So, that’s how to send large videos on WhatsApp iPhone or Android. As you can see, there is no official method in WhatsApp to transfer files larger than 16MB.
In that case, you will have to use an option like Wondershare UniConverter to accomplish that task.