Learning how to mirror an Android phone to a laptop pc can be very handy in various situations.
In this guide, we are going to explain pretty much everything related to the process of mirroring Android devices.
You can go through this information carefully and make use of this feature without any trouble.
An introduction on how to mirror an Android phone to a laptop
In fact, Android screen mirroring is a specific way through which you’ll remotely share your device screen with another.
In other words, mirroring lets you view your device’s screen through another PC or a mobile device.
Learning how to mirror an Android phone to a laptop can be handy in various situations in real life.
For instance, you can view all the mobile phone notifications on your computer screen itself. Also, it could be handy for developers to check their new apps.
PS: let’s learn more about mirroring Android to another Android phone.
Things you should have before mirroring your Android to a PC
If you want to learn how to mirror Android to PC, you should be ready with the following prerequisites.
01. Be sure that you activate USB debugging mode.
- Go to Android Settings and select System. Then, go to About Phone.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the Build Number seven times.
- Then, go to System settings so you can see the Developer Options.
- Then, go to Android Settings and select the option called System. And now, choose Developer Options.
- Scroll further down and switch on USB debugging.
- It is better to select the “Always allow” option once the “Allow USB Debugging” option pops up.
02. Be sure that there is an active internet connection if you plan to do mirroring wirelessly.
Please note that you can mirror an Android to another device through a USB cable as well.
How to mirror Android to laptop: best apps you can use
In this section, we explain the best apps you can use to mirror an Android screen.
Vysor is considered to be one of the quickest ways to mirror an Android screen on your PC. In fact, Vysor is incredibly easy to set up. Thanks to this app, you can use apps, play games, take screenshots, and so on.
In fact, you can do pretty much anything you are used to doing on an Android device. The biggest (and only) drawback of Vysor is that it comes with a relatively expensive price tag. In the free version, even the drag-and-drop function is locked.
On contrary to that, it is a fast, reliable, and convenient app to use. Also, it allows users to share screenshots and recordings.
How to mirror Android phone to laptop using Vysor
- First, download Vysor mirroring app for your computer.
- Then, you should connect the Android device to the same PC via a USB cable.
- Now, you should “Allow” the USB debugging prompt on your Android.
- Then, launch the Vysor Installer File on your PC.
- It will prompt a notification saying “Vysor has detected a device.” You can tap on the
- Now, tap on “View” so you can proceed to cast your device on your PC screen.
ApowerMirror is another strong contender on this list. This best Mirror app allows your mirror Android to PC and vice-versa. In other words, this app enables you to control the app through a mouse and keyboard. Also, it enables users to control the PC with their Android.
After subscribing to the ApowerMirror VIP account, you’ll be able to mirror three Android devices at an equivalent time. Moreover, the paid membership also allows you to scribble and draw on the screen.
How to mirror android phone to laptop using ApowerMirror
- First, you should download and Install ApowerMirror on your Windows and Android device.
- Then, enable USB Debugging in developer options (you already know that).
- Then, connect the Android to the PC using USB. Be sure to allow a USB debugging prompt on your Android.
- Then, launch the app and tap on “START NOW” on the permission. As a result, you can capture the screen as well.
How to mirror phone to laptop wirelessly
- First, you should remove the connected USB cable.
- Then, run the app on the Android device.
- After that, tap on the M button.
- Choose the Computer Name within the listing.
- Now, choose “Phone Screen Mirroring.”
- Tap on the option called “Start Now.”
- That’s it!
Scrcpy is considered to be a free, open-source alternative to any other screen mirroring app. The most interesting thing about Scrpy is that it doesn’t require you to install an application. Instead, it works based on Android ADB tools.
Moreover, Scrcpy is compatible with both USB and Wireless Android screen mirroring. Also, it is compatible with operating systems like Windows, macOS, and Linux. Because of the small size of Scrpy, it offers a particularly low latency rate as well.
Because of that, it is considered to be the fastest screen mirroring app.
Nevertheless, the main issue associated with Scrpy is that it comes with a relatively complex configuration. It is specifically applicable for those who don’t have technical knowledge about Terminal, CMD, ADB tools, etc.
Requirements for installing Scrpy
- Android ADB Tools
- Turn on USB Debugging mode on your Android device
How to mirror Android to laptop (macOS) using Scrpy?
- First, you should launch the Terminal.
- Then, enter the Homebrew command and hit enter.
- Now, you should enter the command called “brew cask install android-platform-tools.” However, this should be done if you haven’t installed Android ADB tools on your macOS.
- To launch Scrcpy, use the command “brew install scrpy.” Then, you should wait for the installation to be completed.
- Now, connect the Android device with a USB cable and enter the command “scrpy” within the Terminal.
This could be considered one of the best options for Android screen mirroring apps for various reasons. It comes with unique features and smooth synchronization between Android and PC. This specific app comes with a desktop client as well.
It allows you to share files, read notifications, missed calls, and even call logs. If you use a pro account, you’ll be able to open the camera on your device remotely. AirDroid also features a web client that permits users to use their Android phones online.
AirDroid comes with a limited number of features. However, those features are essential ones. But you cannot play games, launch apps, or do complex things along those lines.
This mirroring app allows you to stream Android devices to PC. As a result, you will be able to take screenshots and record the screen.
How to mirror Android to PC using Air Droid
- First, you should download the app and install it on the computer and your smartphone.
- After that, launch the Windows app and sign up for an AirDroid account.
- Now add the device to the respective account by signing into the AirDroid app version. After that, you can access your Android device files, calls, and messages. The floating bar will show the notifications that come from your device. To receive desktop notifications, you should follow the steps below.
- Go to Android settings and select Apps and Notifications. Then, go to Special app access and select Notification Access. After that, you should Toggle AirDroid on.
Streaming Android on your PC using AirDroid
- Go to AirDroid on the PC.
- Tap on the option called AirMirror.
- Then, tap on ViewOnly Mode.
- Go to the Android device and tap on “Start Now” on the pop-up.
How to mirror phone to laptop through Google Chrome
- Go to the AirDroid Website on your browser.
- Then, log in if you have created an account already. If not, scan the QR code through the app.
05. Screen Stream Mirroring by MobZapp
This is another handy Android screen mirroring app, which is mainly used for streaming your Android device. Nevertheless, this app is compatible with a large number of platforms.
It starts with media players such as VLC, KODI, and OBS sharing screens online. MobZapp even allows you to broadcast your Android screen to Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, Ustream, etc.
With MobZapp, you can share the screen with UPnP / DLNA devices, such as Smart TV. Also, this app comes with greater compatibility with Google Chromecast. The main issue associated with this app is that its free version has a shorter lifespan. Also, this free version is packed with ads.
If you wonder how to mirror Android to a laptop or TV, this app is convenient. Nevertheless, it doesn’t give you many features to control the device.
Mirroring Android on your browser using MobZap
- Go to the stream using the Android device.
- Note down the URL prompted at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, enter the same URL in your PC browser search bar.
Mirroring the Android screen through Wi-Fi on your PC
- Download MobZap on the device.
- Make sure that you allow the “Start Stream Mirroring” pop-up.
- Launch VLC on the PC. Go to the File menu. Then, go to “Open Network Stream.”
- Enter the URL provided in the Android App.
- Now, click on “Play.”
This is pretty much similar to the Vyzor Screen Mirroring. However, the difference with Mobizen is that its basic features are offered for free.
For instance, it can mirror an internet browser like Chrome and even control the device via the keyboard. Also, it can transfer and review files on the PC and perform various other actions.
How to mirror phone to laptop via Mobizen
- Download and install the Mobizen mirroring app on the PC and your Android device.
- Then, you should enable the USB Debugging on developer options.
- You can then open the Android app and sign in.
- Once you have done that, go to the mirroring software on a windows computer. Then, choose from USB / Wireless and log in.
- Tap on the option called “Start now” on the popup and start the remote connection.
How to mirror an Android device to an external display unit or a TV set?
The methods mentioned above work when you mirror Android to your PC or laptop. However, what if you want to mirror an Android device to a different display or TV? If that is the case, you should use Chromecast.
All of the above methods work perfectly when you want to mirror an Android device. However, if you want more control over the apps, you should rely on an emulator.
With an Android emulator, you will be able to use all the apps on the PC. It is more like using a very big smartphone only with better control.
So, that’s our article on how to mirror Android to a PC or laptop.