The need to know how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password arises when you want to perform a factory reset of the system to resolve various issues but are not able to access the system because you either lost or forgot the password of the user account.
Such a situation can be fixed in various ways, both manual and automatic, and we are here with the best solutions that you can choose from.
Learning how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password is also a choice for so many users because they see the factory reset as a way to remove all the lost passwords and make the system features accessible again.
However, the biggest downside of this method is that you end up losing all your precious data in this process. Upon a factory reset of the system, all the data stored in the hard drive is lost because everything is deleted to make the Windows 10 device just like a new one.
So if you want to keep your data safe but want to reset the Windows 10 system, you can use the help of the PassFab 4WinKey password removal tool that is perfectly capable of resetting all the passwords of Windows 10 features.
It isn’t lengthy, time-consuming, or complex like the free manual methods and promises results that are free of any error.
Using PassFab 4WinKey for Resetting the Windows 10 Password
1. Download the software from its official website on a PC that can be accessed and then finish it’s installed properly.
2. Connect an empty flash drive like DVD, CD, or USB with the PC used above. Click the option of USB Flash Drive present on the main interface of the software and then hit the button Next to start the process of making a bootable disk.
3. Once the disk is prepared with the burnt flash drive, remove it carefully after clicking on the button, OK.
4. Now, insert this bootable burnt flash drive into the locked PC which you wish to reset. This will be the first step in the process of password resetting for Windows.
5. You have to now activate the Boot Menu on the PC by hitting the key F12, and the system will reboot thereafter. Select the USB drive option on this interface and then hit Enter.
6. At this step, you will be performing the Windows password reset by selecting the OS running on your PC, which is Windows 10 in this case, and then hitting the button Next.
7. Select the right entries regarding the options of user account type like Microsoft/Guest/Admin, account name, etc. Hit the button Next after that.
8. Once all these steps are done, hit the option of Reboot, followed by Restart Now.
That was all, and it was that simple. The passwords of your Windows 10 system are all removed now, and you can set new ones or not have them at all at your convenience.
Method of Resetting Windows 10 at the Login Screen Without Password
This is the guide about how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password when you manage to reach the login screen after your system gets locked.
The steps are quite simple, and here is what you will need to do:
1. While on the login screen, hit the key of Shift and keep it pressed while you click the icon of Power on the current screen too.
2. In the list of options that emerge, click on the option of Restart.
3. A screen with the title ‘Choose an option’ will emerge next with some options. You need to hit on the option of Troubleshoot, followed by hitting the button of ‘Enter’ on your keyboard to proceed further.
4. On the screen that comes up next, select the option of Reset this PC.
5. On the next screen, select the option of Remove everything and then hit the option of Continue.
6. Once all the steps above are completed, hit the option of Reset to initiate the process of factory reset ultimately for the Windows 10 PC.
It will take some time for the process to finish, and the system will go through a series of restarts before it starts working normally again, with all the storage and settings of Windows 10 restored to a fresh state.
Method of Resetting Windows 10 Via an Installation Disk and No Password
An installation disk comes in handy greatly in situations like how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password because it contains the relevant firmware data that can be installed on the locked system with a proxy method and then unlocked easily.
Let us now give you the steps that you will need to follow to carry out this operation:
1. Prepare an installation on any accessible system separately. Eject it from that system and insert it into the locked PC to activate the boot process.
2. After you insert the disk into the locked PC, the installation interface will come up. Hit the button Next.
3. On the screen that emerges next select the option of Repair Your Computer.
4. In the next pop-up, click on the option of Troubleshoot, and on the following screen, select the first option of Reset this PC.
5. Next, select the option of Remove Everything to delete every data and setting from your system that will also include the passwords.
6. On the Screen of PC drives, select the right drive option from which you want the data to get deleted. If you want just the Windows drive to be reset, click the option of Only the drive where Windows is installed.
7. Hit the option of Reset lastly to restore the factory settings.
Note: It is to be ensured that a constant power supply to the system is maintained throughout the process.
Method of Factory Resetting the Windows 10 Systems
This is the guide with the steps to perform a factory reset for the systems with the Windows 10 version, and this will also apply to the situation where your system is already logged in, but you don’t remember the password.
Such is the lucky case as you won’t have to go through the elaborate processes of password removal for the system first and then be able to factory reset it.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow after you learn how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password or in cases otherwise too:
1. Hit on the Start button and then click on the option of Settings to launch the tab.
2. Click the option of Update & Security here, followed by hitting the ‘Reset this PC’ button.
3. On the screen that comes up next, select the option of Restore factory settings.
4. Now, options will keep coming up on the proceeding screens, and you have to keep selecting the right entries in them as per your situation and requirements. In the screen that emerges right after the previous step, you start with the method.
5. Lastly, hit the button Restore once again, which will start the factory reset process for your system. Just sit back and wait now till the operation finishes and your system is back to its original state again.
Note: It is to be ensured that a constant power supply to the system is maintained throughout the process, as any trouble in between can lead your PC to crash, and that can have serious consequences.
Besides, here are the top best Windows 10 key generator tools for your reference.
- Can I perform a factory reset without losing my personal files?
- Yes, you can choose the “Keep my files” option during the reset process to retain your personal files while removing apps and settings.
- Will a factory reset remove the Windows operating system?
- No, a factory reset will not remove the Windows operating system. It will only remove the installed applications, personal files, and settings.
- What should I do if I don’t have a Windows installation media?
- If you don’t have a Windows installation media, you can create one using another computer or contact Microsoft for further assistance.
- Can I perform a factory reset on a laptop with a non-removable battery?
- Yes, you can perform a factory reset on a laptop with a non-removable battery by following the steps outlined in this article.
- Will a factory reset remove viruses or malware from my computer?
- Yes, a factory reset will remove most viruses or malware from your computer. However, it’s still recommended to use an antivirus program to scan your system after the reset.
We hope you would have thoroughly understood how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password.
We highly recommend the tools like PassFab 4WinKey to you that have gained the trust of users around the globe with the effective services they have provided for password removal along with keeping their data safe.