Do you want to add or remove your iPhone payment method but are unsure how to proceed? If yes, then read this article till the very end to know the answer to “How to update method on iPhone?“
One of the many questions on the internet is, “How to change the payment method on iPhone?” Apple has been providing services to its users to fit their convenience.
It is amusing to know how a single pair of Apple IDs and passwords could get you access to various things. Apple Products like iCloud storage, Apps, Music, TV, etc., could be bought using your Apple ID.
To do that, we need to keep updating our data on Apple. Our payment method is one of the most important things when it comes to this. And it needs to be updated quite often on iOS 15.
In this article, we will provide you with a guide on updating the payment method on the iPhone. Read the whole article to understand the topic.
How to Change Payment Method on iPhone
Below we’ve explained a step-by-step process to update your payment method. Kindly follow all these steps properly to achieve the same.
Besides, seeing the message “this iPhone is linked to an Apple ID” could be frustrating. Here, let’s show you how to fix it effortlessly.
1. Updating Payment Method
In case you have been issued a brand new card to assist you with your expenses. Updating your old payment method on your Apple ID using your new card is right.
To know the question, “how to update the payment method on iPhone?” you can read the procedure below. The procedure features iOS 14 and will work on this OS only.
- Open Settings on your iOS device from Home Screen.
- Find your name and tap on it.
- Tap on iTunes, then click on App Store Functions.
- Now, tap on your Apple ID.
- Select “View Apple ID.”
- Make sure you are signed up already; if not, then sign up for your Apple ID.
- Select “Payment Information.”
- In this section, the payment methods you are currently using will be displayed. The first card in the list is considered a default by the system.
- It is now possible for you to update your payment methods as you like. To do so, you only need to click on the card you desire to update.
- Then update the card information carefully. Click on “Done” only after you update the card information completely.
If you use this new card more often, you might want it to be set as Default. To do so, simply click on Edit, then you can easily drag your card to the top of the list. This way, the card will be considered Default by Apple.
That’s how to change payment methods on iPhone.
Also, if you wonder how to bypass credit card age verification, you have landed on the perfect article. Let’s see how to do it with different methods easily.
2. Adding New Payment Method
What if, even after knowing the answer to “How to update the payment method on iPhone?”, you still feel the need to keep the card as it is? In that case, you can add the new card as a new payment method.
It is possible to add a new card as a new payment method to your Apple ID. This way, your old card can stay as well.
To add a new card to your iOS device, you can follow the process given below:
- Launch Settings from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Tap on your name.
- Select iTunes and then Apple Store Function.
- Tap on “View Apple ID.” If you are not already signed up, then we recommend signing up to proceed.
- After signing up, select the option “Payment Information.”
- In this section, your current payment methods will be displayed.
- To add a Payment Method, tap on Add Payment Method on the screen.
- Now all you need to do is, enter the card information into the given fields.
- Then hit “Done.” This newly added payment option will be at the bottom of the list of your payment options.
If you need this payment option to be Default, then click on Edit. Then you can drag this Payment Method to the Top of the list.
The Payment Method at the top is considered Default. Thus your new payment method will be set to Default.
3. Removing a Payment Method
The Answer to “how to change payment method on iPhone?” won’t be of much help if you want to remove the payment method. In some cases, removing your Payment Method from your Apple Id is important.
Even if there is a guarantee about the security of personal data, you can easily remove your Payment Method from your Apple ID on iOS using a few simple steps.
It is recommended to remove a payment method if you hand your mobile to children or someone else.
Children can be messy sometimes. To avoid an unintended purchase, then it is recommended to remove the Payment Method.
Using iPhone or iPad, you can remove a payment method by following the steps given below:
- Open Settings from the Home Screen of your iOS device.
- Click on the option which is your name.
- Then navigate to Apple ID and click on “Manage Your Apple Account.”
- Click on the option saying “Payment & Shipping.”
- This will display your current payment methods. Tap on Edit, which is present on the top right of the screen.
- This will make a Delete icon appear on the left side of the Payment Method.
- Click on the “Delete” icon and the “Remove Utility” on the right of this Payment Method.
- A confirmation will be asked with removing the Payment Method from your Apple ID. Confirm this removal. This will remove the Payment Method that you intended to remove.
Common Issues and Their Solutions
Let’s address a few bumps you might encounter along the way.
Issue: Unable to Change Payment Method
Are you having trouble changing your payment method? Make sure you’re the family organizer in Family Sharing. If not, you might not have the permissions to change the payment method.
Issue: Payment Method Not Accepted
If your payment method isn’t accepted, double-check the information you’ve entered. If everything seems right, contact your bank or card issuer.
Issue: Country or Region Specific Payment Methods
Remember, payment methods can vary by country or region. Make sure the method you’re trying to use is supported in your location.
Alternative Payment Methods for iPhone
Don’t fancy using a credit card? That’s okay. Apple offers several alternatives, including PayPal, Apple Pay, and mobile phone billing.
- Can I use multiple payment methods on my iPhone?
Yes, but only one can be the primary payment method.
- What do I do if my payment method is declined?
Make sure all information is correct. If it still doesn’t work, contact your bank or card issuer.
- Can I use a payment method from a different country or region?
Payment methods vary by country or region. Always check what’s available in your location.
- How do I remove a payment method from my iPhone?
Simply go to your “Payment & Shipping” settings, tap on the payment method, and then tap “Remove.”
- What alternatives to credit cards can I use on my iPhone?
PayPal, Apple Pay, and mobile phone billing are popular alternatives.
Changing your payment method on an iPhone doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following these steps and tips, you’ll be able to switch to a new method smoothly. Remember, when in doubt, always reach out to Apple’s customer support.