Are you a fan of HBO Max? And do you enjoy watching videos on your phone, tablet, or computer?
If yes, then you will be pleased to know that the option to turn on HBO Max subtitles is available. Then let’s see how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max. So, keep reading.
HBO Max is a new streaming service that offers HBO and Cinemax programming. HBO has made it easy for subscribers to watch their favorite shows and movies with subtitles.
If you have an Android device or iPhone, it’s easy to turn on HBO Max subtitles when watching movies and TV shows. Are you someone who owns an Amazon FireStick or Roku? Then some simple steps can help you access the subtitle options for HBO Max.
You may know that HBO Max is a streaming service that offers original content. But did you know it also has a ton of great foreign-language programming? If you don’t speak French or whatever, subtitles are vital to enjoying your favorite show.
Here’s how you can turn on HBO Max closed caption/subtitles within HBO Max:
How to Turn On Subtitles on Major Streaming Devices?
If you wonder how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max? Well, you can turn on subtitles on HBO Max using Amazon FireStick, Roku, Android or iPhone, PC, and Mac.
You can turn HBO Max subtitles on and off in the settings menu. To get there, follow these steps:
- Open HBO Max.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner to reveal a drop-down menu. And then choose Settings from it.
- Scroll down until you find Subtitles & CC (closed captions). And click it to select it or switch back if it’s already selected.
- Select the language from the drop-down menu below “Subtitle Language.” If your chosen language isn’t available, look through all of them until you find one that works for you. All languages are supported at this time, so just pick one. It’s probably best not to choose “None” unless absolutely necessary. And then click Save Changes when you are done choosing one or more languages for subtitles on HBO Max.
Besides, here, let’s learn how to add HBO Max to Hulu easily, as Hulu and HBO joined forces for a new service that offers more of the shows you love.
How to Turn On Subtitles on HBO Max using Amazon FireStick?
Are you watching HBO Max through an Amazon FireStick? If yes, then the process is slightly different than other streaming devices. The steps are:
- Open the menu by clicking on the three lines in a row at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click “Subtitles” under Audio & Subtitle Options.
- Select a language that appears and click Next to confirm your choice.
If you want to change languages later, go back to this menu. And then choose “Subtitles again.” This will re-open it with all previously selected subtitle languages still displayed. This will happen so that they can be easily changed or removed as needed!
Also, if your HBO Max keeps crashing, that might frustrate you big time. Here, we will explain the steps you should take if your HBO Max app keeps crashing.
How to Turn On Subtitles on HBO Max using Roku?
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear with several options—select Settings from this menu.
Then, please scroll down to find Preferences. Then select it and click on it again to enter preferences mode. Select Accessibility in the left column. Then find Subtitles under Audio & Language Preferences in the right column.
Then choose a language you want subtitles for. And then, simply toggle the Subtitle On/Off button to turn on HBO Max subtitles for this language. For example, “English.”
How to Turn On Subtitles on HBO Max using Android or iPhone?
- Open the HBO Max app on your device.
- Navigate to the settings tab. Select accessibility options by tapping on the cog icon at your screen’s top right corner. And finally, choose the subtitles language from here.
- Select a language from this menu to begin turning on HBO Max subtitles in that language! If you don’t see any languages you want to use, go back and check if it’s been enabled yet. Some are still being rolled out, so they may not be available yet!
- They once selected, select font size, style, and color in order to customize how they look when watching TV shows or movies on HBO Max!
How to Turn On Subtitles on HBO Max using a PC or Mac?
This is the easiest way to watch a movie with subtitles! Follow these steps:
- Go to the website of your streaming service and search for your favorite film. For example, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1. You should see a link that says “Subtitles” at the bottom right of the page or in your movie’s description box. If one isn’t available, look for an option that says “CC” or “Closed Captioning“.
- Click on it and select which language you want from a drop-down menu (English).
- If multiple different languages are available, use another menu. And choose which language will work best with your hearing loss (if applicable).
How to Turn On Subtitles on Smart TVs?
If you have a Smart TV, then the process is slightly different. To turn on HBO Max subtitles on your Smart TV:
- Use your remote to navigate the language selection menu.
- Press the down arrow key until you see English or another language option. The exact name will vary depending on your device.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Please scroll through the list of available languages and select one with a checkmark next to it.
- To turn on subtitles in any language other than English, go back to this menu. And select “subtitles,” where you can choose from an array of options. You can find subtitle language options like French, Spanish, Portuguese, and more. Once again, press OK when finished making your selection.
How to Turn HBO Max Subtitles Off?
If you don’t want to see the HBO Max subtitles, here’s how to turn them off:
- Go to the settings menu in your HBO Max app or website and select “Subtitles.” You should see a list of available languages (such as English).
- Find the language you want to remove subtitles and choose from this list by clicking on it once. Then click “On” or “Off,” depending on whether you want subtitles enabled or disabled for this particular language. And that’s all there is to it!
Can You Change the Subtitle Language?
Sure, it’s allowed to change the language of the HBO Max subtitles, and HBO Max closed caption, but not that of the audio.
To change the subtitle language on HBO Max, go to your settings menu and click subtitles. You can change the language of both subtitles and HBO Max closed caption through Settings > Accessibility.
You’ll be presented with a list of options that includes English and a few other languages. You can find other subtitle language options like French, Spanish, etc.
From there, select the language you want to use for streaming content on HBO, and enjoy!
But wait, are you using another device like Chromecast or Roku TV where there aren’t any dedicated settings options yet? If that’s the case, go into your account settings on the HBO Max website (www.hbomax.com) or app. And then, select Preferences > Subtitles & Closed Captions from there to make these changes.
Can the Font Size Be Changed?
It is possible to adjust the size of HBO Max subtitles. To change font size, you can go to Settings on your device or laptop and select “Subtitle Size.”
Alternatively, if you’re watching HBO Max on an Apple TV or Roku device, you’ll need to go into the Subtitles menu from within the app itself.
Instead of Settings. You should see a “Font” option. It allows you to alter both foreground and background colors as well as increase and decrease the text size.
My Subtitles Aren’t Syncing Properly. What Can I Do?
If you’re having trouble syncing your HBO Max subtitles, there are a few things you can try:
- Close all other apps before launching the HBO Max app.
- Minimize the app and launch it again.
- Ensure your device has installed the HBO Max app’s latest version.
- Restart your device if necessary. Restarting can help resolve issues with apps that won’t load properly.
You just learned how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max. You can change the font size, the font color, and the font style. You can also change the subtitle language and even make the HBO Max subtitles larger or smaller if needed.
If you’re trying to watch HBO Max with subtitles on your TV, it may not be as easy as it sounds. That said, there are several ways that you can do this.
If you want to use the most elegant option, we recommend using Amazon FireStick or Roku.
But what if you don’t have these devices, but you can still want to enjoy the convenience of watching your favorite HBO shows in your preferred subtitle language? All you have to do is to seek out an app on your smartphone or computer!