We recommend converting h264 to MP4 using UniConverter because it protects your video file from losing its quality while compressing its size.
This software will enable your video to maintain quality even at lower bitrates. You can even run it on your mobile devices.
H264 is a famous video compression standard for high-definition digital videos. There is a huge popularity of h264 encoded videos among people. People love watching movies, music videos, web series, and other digital videos encrypted in h264.
This video compressor codec is supported by online video streaming, iTunes, HDTV, HD DVD, Blu-ray, AVCHD camcorders, and many more.
Compared to previous compression standards, h624 is popular because of its high video quality at relatively lower bitrates. The only drawback of h264 is that it comes large and thus occupies a lot of space.
To make it compatible with the storage size, it is important to convert h264 to mp4. MP4 formatted videos possess good quality and are compatible with almost all operating systems, including Apple devices.
We have covered every step in this article so that you can understand different ways to convert h264 to mp4. Read on to learn how to convert h264 to mp4 using UniConverter software.
Part 1: Use Uniconverter to convert h264 to mp4 in seconds
This software runs at high speed compared to other software and can convert h264 to mp4 quickly. Not only in MP4, but it also converts H264 files into up to 150 formats.
Plus, it allows you to change the file format from video to audio. It contains features like downloading, editing, recording, and burning videos.
Even if you wonder how to compress MP4, UniConverter is your best choice too.
The key elements of UniConverter are as follows:
- It converts H264 files in at least 150 different video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV, MPEG, and many others, such as converting WLMP to MP4.
- It can convert a video file at 90X speed.
- You can perform other functions like cropping and trimming the videos. Plus, it allows you to add effects, subtitles, and many more features.
- UniConverter lets you download the video by entering its URL; you can even record it on your computer.
- By burning the video and audio in an optical storage device like a DVD and CD, you can store them.
- Compress the video to match the size of different digital media like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
Below are three easy steps to convert H264 to MP4.
Step 1: Import H264 files
First, open page H264 to the MP4 converter on your Windows PC or Mac. There are two ways to import h264 files.
First, you can simply use the drag and drop method, and the second is to go to the ‘Add Files’ options and select the H264 file you want to convert. Plus, its batch conversion allows you to import multiple files at once.
Step 2: Select MP4 for the output format
Click on the video converter, and you will see a file that will appear on your screen. Select MP4 for your video output format and choose the ‘same as source’ option to convert the videos without losing their quality.
Step 3: Star the converting process
Select the locations to save your MP4 files and then finalize the converting process. You must choose a location that is readily accessible.
After choosing the location, click the converting button to start the process, and your converted file will automatically save in the mentioned location.
The converting process is fast; in seconds, it converts your file and stores it into the converted tab.
Besides, what is the best way to convert HEVC to MOV? Actually, HitPaw Video Converter is an excellent tool that can fit your requirement perfectly.
Part 2: H264 to MP4 converter online for free
Below we have mentioned three popular h264 to mp4 converters.
Zamzar converter can convert your H264 files into different formats online for free. You can convert into more than twelve hundred formats with the help of this converter.
Let’s say you want to convert H.264 file to H.24. Use the Zamzar converted because it is reliable and easy to use.
Some features of Zamzar are as follows:
- Zamzar is quite convenient as you can convert your file online without downloading any software.
- The process of converting a file is easy. It just needs three steps to convert your file.
- It claims to complete all the conversions within ten minutes.
- Since 2006, Zamzar has converted video files and received support from millions of users.
- It has a dedicated support system that will respond and provide instant resolution to your issue.
There are also some limitations to using online converters. These include:
- Online converters lack batch conversions. You may come across a lot of difficulties when converting multiple video files.
- A good internet speed is necessary for converting h264 to mp4 online.
- It imposes restrictions like file size, format, and length.
2. Convert Files
Dan Tools Convert Files is another well-known online converter. You can easily convert your file into different formats and types. You can set the quality of the video from low to very high and select the size of the files.
It supports extensions like MP4, MP3, WMV, OGG, AVI, FLV, MPG, SWS, WAV, WMA, MJEPG GIF, DVD, DV, and MVO. Not only video, but also allows you to convert any audio and an archive.
3. FileZigZag Online File Conversion
FileZigZag can be a good option if you want to convert h264 to mp4 online. Most importantly, it is free of cost and easily accessible. It contains different features like video resizing, cutting mp4, maintaining bitrates, and doing a rotation over the video clip.
It supports almost all the popular file formats and offers you a hassle-free process of converting the video.
Not only video, but you can also convert audio, image, archive, web page, documents, and e-books. You just need to select the file, choose the mp4 format and finalize your conversion process. It will take seconds, and you can convert your file from h264 to mp4.
Some of the features of FileZigZag are as follows:
- It works on industry-leading servers that enable them to provide you with high-speed service.
- Its software is encoded with sophisticated algorithms, enabling it to provide quality service to you.
- FileZigZag claims to take security measures from time to time to keep its software out of malware and bugs.
- The converted files are deleted in 24 hours from their software. It only retains your files when you submit them to raise your concern or problem. They remove these submitted folders after 30 days from your submission.
- It supports more than 180 formats of files and can process more than 3150 conversions.
- FileZigZag is safe to use as it does not ask for your email id or password, any money charge, and registration.
Part 3: H.264 vs. MP4
The h264 is a powerful video codec compressor that is encrypted to make high-quality videos.
It can encode a high-quality video in relatively lower bitrates than other compressor standards. Due to its low bitrates, it is used in HDTV, HD DVD, Blu-ray, and AVCHD camcorders.
Whereas mp4 is a popular multimedia container format also known as MPEG-4. The most used format allows you to store audio, video, subtitle, and images in a single file.
Plus, it is compatible with almost all devices, excluding MOV, AVI, and WMV. It is well-versed in new digital media streams like YouTube.
So, we have covered all the important points related to the conversion process. Furthermore, we have briefly described h264 and mp4 files and how they are different from each other.
You can download UniConverter or use an online converter to convert your mp4 h264 files.