If you are reading this, you must be seeing the “Folder Access Denied” issue on your Windows 10 computer. You will come across this issue in a variety of instances.
For example, most people see folder access denied on Windows 10 issues when they are copying, deleting, or moving a folder.
Why Do You Get The “Folder Access Denied” Error On Your Computer?
As the first thing, let’s take a look at the reasons why you are getting the “Folder Access Denied” error on your computer.
The reason for access is denied on Windows 10 is quite obvious. It highlights that you are not provided with proper permission to access the file in your computer settings.
For example, if the folder is accessible only to the administrator and if you have not logged in from the administrator account, you will have to see this error.
While keeping that in mind, follow these steps to eliminate the folder access denied error on the computer.
PS: Here, you will figure out how to fix the requested resource that is in use error.
How to Fix the Folder Access Denied Error on Your Computer?
Make Sure That You Are the Owner of the Folder
You need to take a look at the settings and see if you are the owner of the folder or the specific file that you are going to access. Along with this, you will be able to tweak the settings so that you can become the owner.
The following steps should be followed to tweak settings.
- You need to visit the folder that is giving the issue. Then you need to right-click and visit properties. Now you can find a small window. You must click on the Advanced button on it. Now you need to locate the section called “Owner.” Here, you can either select a user or a user group. By doing that, you will be granting folder permissions to that specific user or the user group. In the tab where you are asked to enter the object name, you need to enter your Windows 10 username. Now you can save the changes and see if you can access the folder.
Receive Permission to the Folder or File
As mentioned earlier, folder access denied on Windows 10 takes place when you don’t have access to it. Therefore, you can work accordingly and receive permission to the specific file or folder as well.
By following these steps, you will be able to get permission to the folder or the file that you have.
- As the first thing, you will need to go to the folder where access is denied. Then you must right-click on the folder and visit Properties. On the folder properties, you will need to visit the Security Tab. Then you must click the Edit button.
- Now you will be able to see a list. From this list, you will be able to select your name from the list. By doing that, you are providing permission to yourself.
This will be the easiest method available for you to overcome the folder access denied problem on your computer. In case you don’t see your name on the list of usernames, don’t worry. You can enter the name manually.
Decrypt the Folder or File
Decrypting the folder or file is another solution that is available for you to overcome the Access is Denied Windows 10 issue.
- To begin with decryption, you need to locate the folder or file, right-click on it, and then access properties. Now you need to click on the General Tab. and Then navigate to the advanced button. You can clear all the checkboxes that you can see, but keep the option that is asking you to have files in the folder to be indexed content. Then you can save the settings.
- While you are saving, you need to make sure that you are applying the changes to the folder and all the subfolders under it as well. Now you can check and see whether you still see the folder access denied on Windows 10 problem on the computer.
Add Your User Account to the Admin User Group
- Once you get Admin privileges to the Windows 10 computer, you will be able to overcome getting the problem. Therefore, you can think about adding the user account to the Admin user group. This is where you need to press Windows Key and X at the same time. Then you will be able to open up a window.
- In the window, you can find a list. Out of that, you must pick computer management. On the newly opened window, you need to visit the local users and groups. Then you must pick users. Here, you will be able to locate your user account. You can double-click on top of the user account.
- Now you need to navigate to the “member of” section and then click on add. Along with that, you will be able to enter your name under the administrator. You can then save the settings to the computer. Upon saving the settings, you need to check and see if you still see the problem. It should get fixed at the end of the process.
What Should You Do When You Can’t Fix the Folder Access Denied Issue?
In case all the above-mentioned methods didn’t work, you will end up with a lot of frustration. However, you don’t need to worry too much about anything because you still have a reliable method to gain access to the content that you had in the folder or the file.
This is where the assistance offered by a file recovery tool will be able to help you. It is possible for you to discover a lot of file recovery tools on the internet.
Among those different file recovery tools, Tenorshare 4DDiG is a good option to try. It can deliver guaranteed results to you by recovering the files and folders that you had on the computer, which are no longer accessible.
The following are the outstanding features that you can get along with 4DDiG. You can go through the list of features and get a clear picture of what you will be able to receive from this tool at the end of the day.
- You can use 4DDiG to recover folders or files from your laptop, PC, external storage drive, or even a mobile phone.
- This file recovery tool is capable of recovering a variety of file types. No matter whether it is a PowerPoint, Excel, any other document, or even a file type such as a video or audio, you can recover it with Tenorshare 4DDiG.
- You will be able to recover data using 4DDiG in a few clicks.
- You will be able to use the free version of 4DDiG and get a clear picture before you buy the paid version.
- Moreover, you can use the tool and recover any file or folder from any drive on your computer.
- 1 – Download and launch 4DDiG software. Choose a location from the connected computer you wish to recover the data.
- 2 – In this step, tap on the “Scan” button, and 4DDiG will start to scan for the files in the chosen location. Once the scanning is finished, the tool will display a dialog box showing files have been recovered.
- 3 – Now, please preview and select the files you want to recover, click the “Recover” button and save them to your PC.
Simply follow these steps, and you can easily overcome the issue.