There are plenty of video players for a Windows user to select.
These players come with various features to impress users in different ways. Also, these media players have different compatibility levels with video file formats.
So, differentiating the best video players for Windows 10 from the rest can be challenging for any user.
To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of media players after in-depth research.
Sit back, relax, and go through this list from the beginning to search for the best video player.
What’s The Best Video Player for PC?
One of the main things to consider when choosing the best video player for Windows 10 is compatibility.
That means the player you choose must be able to play all the popular video formats. For instance, it should play at least MKV, MOV, FLV, AVI, MP4, and other popular formats.
- Having plenty of advanced and interesting features is a very impressive thing for a media player.
- However, apart from that, it must have a very simple and intuitive interface to make things easier for users.
- Also, the player must be lightweight and should not consume excessive system resources and hinder general performance.
- When it comes to features, the player should have convenient playback controls.
- It should have options to skip frames, add subtitles, change the playback speed and resolution levels, etc.
- Also, it must be able to match different aspect ratios as well.
- In addition to that, the best video players should have proper hardware acceleration features.
There are various other things to consider, and now we jump into the main topic.
Top Ten Best Video Players for Windows 10 & 11
Ok. Now we will present to you the list of best video players for Windows 10.
You can go through the list carefully and pick the best option that suits your requirements.
#1 – VLC Media Player
You cannot create a list of the best media players without reserving a top position for VLC.
This media player has become exceptionally popular since its launch.
Well, VLC Media Player is an open-source tool, and it is compatible with all platforms. This software is developed by VideoLAN Project.
VLC Media Player is also compatible with all the leading audio and video file formats. For many years, VLC is recognized to be a player that plays everything you want.
Is VLC Still The Best Video Player for Windows 10?
We recognize VLC to be the best media player for Windows 10 primarily because of its fast performance.
- It also comes with an exceptionally simple interface that can be understood easily by anyone.
- This software also comes with various customization options to assure you of a better viewing experience.
- It also allows you to change the appearance of the player. You can use it as a streaming tool as well, thanks to its versatility.
- It gives frequent updates to the users, and there is a massive community linked to VLC.
- It is compatible with all the Windows versions, like Windows 11, 10, or XP.
Special Features of VLC
- This best video player for Windows 10 is a free and open-source media player.
- It can play pretty much anything.
- Work on pretty much all the platforms.
- Compatible with Windows XP to Windows 11.
Also, click here to try the top best Free Video Editing Software No Watermark.
#2 – PotPlayer
This is another powerful & best video player for Windows 10 that offers a service just like VLC Media Player. Over the past period, PotPlayer has received impressive reviews from users.
This tool works perfectly with the Windows 10 platform and other versions of it perfectly. It is introduced to the world of media by a South Korean company.
There are plenty of features associated with PotPlayer. As we have recognized, PotPlayer is a strong contender for VLC Player.
- There are plenty of customization options related to PotPlayer. It allows you to customize the player to match your requirements.
- This tool utilizes techniques such as DXVA, QuickSync, CUDA, etc. to offer you perfect performance.
- The player comes with a lightweight package. That is exactly why PotPlayer is listed as the runners-up media player on this list.
- Although PotPlayer is not as popular as VLC, it supports more file formats than VLC. If you intend to play MP4, AVI, MKV, and FLV files, PotPlayer is the ideal choice for you.
- It also gives you the option of choosing soundcards and bookmarking your favorite scenes. It even allows you to preview the files.
- And it comes with features to customize brightness, contrast, noise reduction, etc. The built-in keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys make it user-friendly software.
Features of PotPlayer
- Very friendly and attractive user interface.
- Impressive audio quality and performance.
- A large number of customization options.
- Works with Windows XP to 10 versions
#3 – KMPlayer
This is another free video player for Windows 10.
- This best video player for Windows 10 is compatible with pretty much all the mainstream video and audio formats.
- The built-in codec pack, which is specially developed for Windows 10, is very handy.
- It eliminates the requirement of downloading different codecs through the internet to play different types of file formats.
- You can even add external codecs to this tool, and it definitely increases compatibility. Since it supports 4K UHD and 3D videos, you can use KMPlayer to enjoy an excellent video experience.
- This player has a reputation for its compatibility with a large number of file formats. When it comes to effects, you will have plenty of options to change the quality of audio and video.
- It allows you to choose parts of the videos and mark them as favorites.
- Also, you can repeat the favorite parts of the videos and even remap the keys for a better experience.
- It also allows you the option of editing the subtitles within the player, and it is a great benefit.
This best video player for Windows 10 was initially released back in 2002. Since 2007, however, KMPlayer is owned by Pandora TV (which is a Korean streaming company).
Features of KM Player
- Useful options for the media organization.
- It gives you plenty of customization options.
- KMP Connect Feature.
Just like the name suggests, this is a classic media player that comes with decent enough performance. The developers have taken a considerable amount of effort to revamp the older media player.
Now, this tool appears as a very impressive, lightweight software. In addition to that, there are various other features to set it apart from the rest.
When it comes to the fancy features, this player doesn’t have loads of options. Nevertheless, the features it already has can impress any user.
If you are using a very old computer, Media Player Classic can still run on it without any issue. This is a cool alternative for those who prefer a classic feeling and lightweight performance.
You can use it with Skype, thanks to its new integration options. Also, it allows you to download subtitles for the videos you watch.
Features of MPC
- It supports more formats than the VLC player.
- Perfect audio performance.
- Highly responsive interface compared to many other video players.
#5 – GOM Player
GOM stands for Gretech Online Movie Player, and it is a perfectly free best media player for Windows 10.
This media player supports pretty much all the popular video players and audio formats without any trouble. In other words, it can play all the files such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.
This player is loaded with all the basic functions and features that are available in other media players. However, there are advanced features associated with GOM Player.
- For instance, it comes with A-B repeat and Media Player Capture features.
- In addition to that, it has speed control, screen capture, and various other features.
- If you want to change the appearance of the player, this tool allows you to do so.
- The interface of this tool is perfectly customizable.
- You can use the library of GOM Player and download subtitles.
- In addition to that, you can link this media player with OpenSubtitles.org to give you more subtitle options.
However, this best video player for Windows 10 might not support some of the uncommon file formats. In that case, you will have to use GOM’s Codec Finder and download the missing codecs.
Features of GOM Player
- It has a subtitles finder and a codec finder.
- Colorful and simplified interface.
- Compatible with Windows 7 to Windows 10 versions.
#6 – Kodi
Kodi was formally recognized as XBMC. This is a free and open-source video player that can deliver impressive performance.
You can use it as a perfectly customizable media player. It works perfectly on both laptops and desktops to provide you with a nice media experience.
If you don’t have Windows Media Center on your Windows 10 computer, you can use Kodi as an alternative.
Kodi can be considered a strong competitor in this list because of the larger display it offers. It can be used with larger external display units (even with 10ft displays) whenever you need it.
You can use Kodi to play pretty much all the popular music and video formats, including podcasts. This was initially developed as an independent product and recognized as Xbox Media Center. It was initially used for Xbox Gaming Console.
This best video player for Windows 10 comes with various plugins so you can make it compatible with YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Features of Kodi
- It gives you a media center experience.
- Ideal for content streaming purposes.
- It comes with an attractive TV interface.
#7 – 5KPlayer
This best video player for Windows 10 has pretty advanced features compared to a regular media player. For instance, it comes with local playback, YouTube downloading, streaming, and various other functionalities to impress media lovers. It also supports AirPlay.
- If you have a massive collection of videos and audio, you can use 5KPlayer’s library feature.
- It has a very intuitive and sleek appearance, which is pleasing.
- In addition to that, you will find that this interface lets you navigate through the options pretty easily.
- It supports a wide array of video and audio formats.
- Moreover, it is loaded with plenty of controls for playback.
5KPlayer is offered for free, but it contains various ads from the same company. So, compared to the other free media players in this list, that can be a disadvantage.
If you are ready to tolerate advertisements, this is a decent option as a media player. It has some versatile features.
Features of 5KPlayer
- Highly versatile player.
- Compatible with various media file formats.
- Advanced features like YouTube video downloading.
#8 – ACG Player
This best video player for Windows 10 can be downloaded only through Microsoft Store. It is a free app developed for Windows 10 Platform.
If you are looking for the best video player for Windows 10, you may check this software out.
However, just like the previous player, this player has some ads that direct you to purchase other products. So, that can be an annoyance despite the other features.
This works on desktop, laptop, and tablet computers. That means this player is developed as a responsive player.
The appearance of the ACG Player is not the perfect one, but it is not that bad either. What we want to say is that it is not very pleasant in terms of appearance.
Features of ACG Player
- Supports 360 files.
- Streams online videos.
- Nice level of control.
#9 – Plex
Plex was introduced back in 2015. It allows you to manage your media collection effortlessly.
Once the files are organized, you can play them without any hassle.
It can even organize photos on your computer. It supports plenty of file formats, including hi-fi music.
Also, it supports Chromecast. This best video player for Windows 10 also supports your smartphone or tablet for better control.
Features of Plex
- Perfect media management.
- Can manage metadata.
- Supports other platforms, as well.
#10 – MediaMonkey
This is commonly known as MMW, and it offers plenty of features for users. Its performance can be improved using plugins.
You can customize the functionality of the best video player for Windows 10 using those plugins.
In addition to that, you can enhance the performance and device support by customizing the player.
It is compatible with most video file formats.
Features of MediaMonkey
- It comes with an intelligent file tagging feature.
- It can be configured as you wish.
So, that’s our list of media players. We hope you can find your best video player for Windows 10 from this list. Good luck!