The problems that emerge as a consequence of the Apple ID locked are really troublesome as they hinder you from operating your iOS device. You might even get an Apple ID locked email that is more problematic. Now whichever the case be, your phone gets into trouble as a result, and it is to resolve this that this article is being written.
Read further to unlock the Apple ID and deal with spamming mails that say your Apple ID has been locked.
Part 1. What can be the probable reason behind an Apple ID locked?
There is not just one answer to this:
- User forgetting the password of the Apple ID
- Getting locked out due to the ‘Find My‘ iOS feature on the Apple devices
- Purchasing or using any second-hand iOS device that has the old ID still active
Part 2. How to fix the Apple ID locked issue?
If you have gotten locked out of your phone due to any of these reasons, don’t worry much. We have got you covered with the four best solutions that are going to bypass the Apple ID activation lock.
Try them before performing a device reset, which is the easiest option but comes at the cost of data loss.
There are a plethora of online tools available in the tech market, along with many manual methods that can help you bypass any Apple ID locked on any type of iOS device. If you are seeking one genius solution, then Tenorshare 4uKey is going to be your best bet.
The software is compatible to run with almost every iOS device with iOS version 11 and before. The device will lose all the details associated with the target Apple ID. After that, the device couldn’t be tracked or even remotely blocked by any third-party user.
You won’t even need to enter any password or worry about the Find my iPhone feature is turned on, and yet the software will easily help you bypass the locked Apple ID and fix his iPhone was lost and erased issue. You can even delete your touch id, face id, and the 4/6 digit passcodes. And you can download the software for Windows versions XP/vista/7/8/8.1/10 and macOS versions below Big Sur 11.
This software has been awarded high ratings when it comes to unlocking any iOS device. It makes the entire process very easy.
Now follow the steps that we give below:
1. Firstly, you need to download the software on any Windows PC or macOS. Finish its installation process and then launch it.
2. After opening the application, you will see two options on the main screen. Just hit the button Unlock Apple ID.
3. Now you have to establish a connection between the iOS device and the PC, and you can use any lightning cable for it. The software will soon detect the device, and a prompt will emerge on the screen, now asking you to unlock the connected device. Click the option Trust.
4. Now hit the button Start for setting the process in motion for clearing the Apple ID of the connected iOS device.
5. Once the process is finished, the Apple ID will be unlocked now, with all the data removed. You will need to make another user account with different details.
Method 2: DNS method for breaking iCloud activation lock
Now many of you wouldn’t be able to follow the previous method, and the situation might be even worse for some as their phone might be having an older iOS version. If you are dealing with these situations, then the DNS method can be one potential solution. Even when this method has limited functionality as it can only give fix certain things in the device, it nonetheless can be your savior.
Let’s see how to do it:
1. Click the Home icon on the activation window. Now choose the option of Wi-Fi settings and here tap the icon of I in a circle.
2. Many options will emerge now. These are the available DNS servers, and you have to pick the right one valid for your region where you are currently situated.
- North America/USA: 220.127.116.11
- Asia: 18.104.22.168
- Europe: 22.214.171.124
- Others: 126.96.36.199
3. Now close all the windows on the Wi-Fi network connection of the device.
4. Open the screen of Activate iPhone and choose the option of Activation Help.
5. After doing all this, a message will emerge on the screen telling about the successful establishment of the selected DNS server. You will now be able to enjoy particular parts of all the features and apps on iPhone.
Method 3: Contact the last owner of the device for help
If you are using any second-hand or refurbished device, then this is the easiest solution you can go with. We suggest you contact the person who owned the device earlier and ask him/her to delete the current iCloud account or Apple ID, which is logged in on the phone. Now if they don’t know how to do it, tell them the method that we tell you here:
Tell them to open the iCloud website and then sign in to open their account.
1. Now they must click the button Find My.
2. A menu will drop down once they click upon the option All Devices. Here, ask them to click on the name of the device that is being targeted for bypassing the Apple ID locked.
3. Now click the option Remove from Account.
Method 4: Ask Apple to delete the old iCloud account from the device
Now, if the old owner of the device cannot be contacted, then we suggest you call another entity. In this case, you have to call up the Apple Customer support and ask them to resolve the Apple ID locked issue by deleting all the old account data.
You may have to verify your issue by showing them the official documents related to the device purchase or inheritance. This will make them sure that you legally own the device, and they will thereby proceed towards the troubleshooting. These two situations will occur during the process, and we tell you what you have to do in each of them:
1. In the case of device purchase, you will have to show the legal proof related to the device purchase. This document will contain the serial number of the purchased device and your name, too, as the verified buyer.
2. In case the phone was bought from a person for second hand, you will have to present the papers of ownership that will validate the transfer of the device from that person to you.
Also, regarding the problem of Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes or Apple ID does not exist, click to fix them easily now.
Part 3. What to do when you get an Apple ID locked email?
Now, this is another crazy issue that you may happen to face. On some days, an email must have popped up in your inbox, saying that the Apple ID associated with your device has got locked. The mail will pretend to have originated from an authentic company like Apple itself and that they locked the ID due to safety concerns. Upon reading the mail, you might have gotten suspicious about the source and the unprofessional look of it. Let us help you with this now.
Part 4. How to verify that the Apple ID has been really locked?
First thing first, gets assured that the mail is a fraud one, and the Apple ID is not locked at all. Such emails are a very common example of the phishing scams where any source tries to gain unfair access to the personal information of the mail receiver like their Apple ID and its password
Now certain pointers will help you identify the authenticity of the mail saying your Apple ID has been locked.
- You keep receiving such emails one after the other.
- All such spam mails must be having a lot of spelling errors and bad grammar.
The pointers below are the ones that are the real alerts and will point towards an original issue:
- “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.”
- “You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons.”
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.”
Now, if you none of these exact pointer alerts are visible in the received mails, then you must know that they are just a scam.
Many people fall prey to such mails by believing and clicking the link that is usually present in such emails. This link is the main danger. If you clicked it and filled all the information related to your Apple account there, then there are a lot of problems that you might have invited. To avoid that, we are going to give you some solutions that can reverse the danger.
Change the password of iCloud
This is the primary step that you will have to take. Go to the website of Apple and open the page of Manage your Apple ID. Here select the option Forgot Apple ID or password?. This will enable you to reset the Apple password.
Delete the website data and safari history
This is another useful step that you can undertake upon accidentally clicking open the link in the scam emails. This is because the link that you opened works by seeding certain notorious cookies in the web browser, which later harms the device’s security.
For performing this method, follow these steps:
- Open the device’s Settings.
- Hit the tab Safari.
- Lastly, choose the option Clear History and Website Data.
Report to Apple
This can be the safest option to do if you cannot trust any other method. Report to Apple the spam email. Forward that mail to this mail address – reportphishing@Apple.com. After that, the company will take care of the issue and take the right actions, thereby. It is a good step since this helps the company from preventing such issues from bugging other people.
Part 6. What precaution can you take to avoid the Apple ID locked situation?
Follow these general tips to prevent the appearance of such situations:
- It is always better to set a not-so-complex password that is easy to memorize or just simply jot it down somewhere.
- If you still fail to remember stuff, keep the ‘Find My iPhone‘ feature turned off for better.
- Keep it simple; use a single Apple ID on one device.
- Always check the phone thoroughly if you are making a second-hand purchase.
We really hope that this article achieves its aim of helping you to unlock the Apple ID locked and also prevent the danger from the Apple ID locked email. The prevention tips are a must-read as it is always better to stay safe from the beginning. Always be alert towards the spam emails as they can land you into great trouble. If your Apple is really locked, then the solutions provided will be a great help.