Account action required can be one of the irritating notifications that can happen to your phone if you don’t have the Google account properly set up.
This message would constantly hunt your phone until you switch to another account or revive the old one.
The benefits are less from keeping account action required. There are plenty of ways to fix the error on the phone. So, we will learn what account action is required and how to remove it from the phone.
Notifications on the phone can be a blessing in disguise, one of them might carry important information about your phone, but most of the time, you will get a notification that will have nothing to do with the phone. It will have something to do with the Google account.
People who use a phone regularly have no idea how to fix the error from this type on their phone.
One of the errors is the account action required error; if you forgot your Google password, then prepare for this error to pop up on your phone multiple times. This error can be annoying because it won’t go away from your notification bar.
Before we learn the steps to fix the account action required notification from your phone. Do you need to understand what the problem is? And why is it happening on your phone?
Why Have ‘Google Account Action Required’ Issue
This can happen for various reasons on your phone. Some of the reasons are.
● The Account is No Longer Working.
The account you created to set up your android device is no longer in the working area. A dead account can lead to an account action required error on your phone.
● Out of Sync
The Gmail accounts are not linked with the device; even if it is linked, it is not syncing properly as the way it should. This can lead to account action required error.
Besides, if you wonder how to resolve Google Payments errors OR-IEH-01 and OR-IEH-02, this guide you should check out.
● Deleted Account
If your Google account has been deleted or is no longer in working condition, this will result in this error.
In addition, if you wonder what to do if you forgot your Android password, this guide is just for you.
● Password Issue
If you have changed the password for your Google account in the past and now can’t seem to recall the password to activate the Google account back again. Then you will trigger this error on your phone.
These are some examples of why you are seeing this error popping up on your phone. Now you know what makes the error happen on the phone. The error can be very persistent on the phone, especially if you don’t know how to remove it from appearing on the screen.
Below are the methods you can try to fix the account action required problem without resorting to any data wipe method.
Also, if you wish to know how to fix this device was reset. to continue sign in with a Google account bypass 2400; just read more.
Methods to Fix Account Action Required
● Sometimes clearing the cache will fix the problem. Our smartphones store a lot of data every single day. This piling of unnecessary files will create new errors on your phone.
- To clear the cache from your phone. Open Settings > Storage > Other Apps.
- Here you will see the option to Clear Cache if you have a large pile of data on your phone. Then this will clear the whole thing up in a matter of seconds.
● Creating a new Google account will resolve the problem with the existing one if you get yourself another number for your phone. Then you can use this method to erase the account action required error from your phone.
Once you finish creating the account online, just follow the steps below to activate the Google account once again.
How to Activate the Google Account
- Open up Settings > Accounts.
- Choose the proper account by clicking on Account sync on the account page.
- Here you will have the option to remove the Gmail account and add a brand new account.
- Click on REMOVE ACCOUNT to finish the process. Once the removal is complete, you can add a new account to get rid of the error.
● Or you can simply turn off the notification once and for all. Once you turn off the notification, then you won’t be able to see the error once again. To do that, open the Setting app > App > Google Play Services > Notification. Here you can turn down the notification.
Fixing Google Account Passcode Issue with iToolab UnlockGo (Android)
iToolab UnlockGo (Android) comes with a pack of features to solve any kind of problem you are having with your phone.
One of the great things about the software is the app has a beginner-friendly interface, and it’s free to use.
If this solution doesn’t work out for you, then you won’t need the app’s premium version. Before you start thinking about buying the app, try the free period. This will certainly take care of the account action required error permanently.
System Requirements of iToolab UnlockGo (Android)
- CPU – 1GHZ (32-bit or 64-bit) or above would be better; it will make for a faster installation.
- Memory – 1028 MB ram, above would be better
- Support Operating System – Windows 7/8/10/11 and even Vista, XP (32bit/64bit)
- Device Operating System – Android 2.0 to Android 12.0
- Devices – A massive 600+ android phones, including tablets.
- Languages – 10 languages
Steps with iToolab UnlockGo (Android) to Fix Google Account Action Required
1. Download / Install
First, you have to search iToolab UnlockGo (Android) on your web browser. Once you find the software, download it.
Once the download is finished, hit install. If your windows are blocking you from installing the software, then allow the software through the firewall.
Once you have finished installation, open the app. Then select ‘Remove Google Lock (FRP)’ from the main page of the iToolab software. Once on the remove Google lock page, click the ‘Start’ button to begin the process.
Here you will need to connect your USB cable to your device and the other end of the cable to your computer.
Make sure you see the device through the computer; otherwise, you will have a huge mess on your hand. Check the ports and signs on the computer.
4. Pick the Device OS Version
Pick the relevant Android OS from the given options on the next screen. Then click on the Next button.
5. Receive Notification
UnlockGo sends notifications to your Android device; ensure your phone is connected to your computer.
6. Setup Your Android Device
Please follow up below guide to set up your Android device.
That’s it. You have removed the Google account completely, and you can now try to log in to your Google account to check if Google Play Services requires an action still.
If this method doesn’t work out for you, there is another way to deal with the problem of account action required.
This software is another addition to fixing the account action required problem on your phone. Try this method if you don’t have a password for your account.
Tenorshare 4ukey (Android) is one of the best software to take care of errors permanently without letting you put any hassle.
Here you will need to download the software. After you download the software, install it on any drive.
2. Launch 4uKey
Upon launching the app, you will see the option to remove the screen lock and the Google lock (FRP). Here you need to select the Remove Google Lock (FRP) option.
Under the FRP section, you will see ‘Completely bypass FRP without password’ being written down.
3. Select Device Info
Once you are on the Remove Google Lock page, click on Start. Here you will have to provide all the necessary information about the phone.
This will follow the step as before. Insert the name of the brand and the device model name. Then click on Next to continue.
4. Mode Selection
Now pay attention; things might get a little complicated here. Make sure your device is connected to the PC properly. Here you have to enter the phone into recovery mode. You can do that by:
- Pressing Volume Down + Power
- Then Volume Up + Power + Home
- When you see your brand’s logo, let go of all the buttons.
- Now, wait for the phone to enter recovery mode. At this point, you will see the Installing system update or no command option on the screen. Don’t click on one; just wait patiently while the phone enters recovery mode. Click on Next.
You need to enter the phone’s PDA information, country, and carrier service here. Once you have done all that, click on next. Then you will see a dialogue box asking for your confirmation. Just hit ‘Confirm.’
6. Download Mode
Here you need to enter the phone into the download mode. This follows the same procedure you used to make the phone enter recovery mode.
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button.
- Volume Up Button to enter the download mode.
This firmware will get downloaded on your phone. After it finishes, make the phone enter the recovery mode once again and click on wipe cache partition.
Hit ‘Next,’ and then the app will successfully remove the Google account from your device. You will get a confirmation message saying your Google account has been removed successfully.
Congratulations, you have successfully removed the account action required message from your phone.
Precautions to Prevent Future ‘Account Action Required’ Notifications
To avoid facing this issue in the future, keep your account credentials updated across all devices and routinely check your device’s sync settings. Also, keep your apps updated and ensure you have ample storage space.
When to Seek Professional Assistance
If the problem persists, it may be time to seek professional help. Reach out to a trustworthy tech support or visit the nearest service center.
- What does ‘Account Action Required’ mean on my Android device?
- It typically means your device is having trouble syncing with one of your Google accounts.
- Can I ignore the ‘Account Action Required’ notification?
- It’s not recommended as it could lead to data loss or app functionality issues.
- What can cause ‘Account Action Required’ issue?
- Common causes are incorrect account credentials, syncing issues, application glitches, or inadequate storage space.
- How can I prevent ‘Account Action Required’ notifications in the future?
- Keep your credentials updated, check sync settings regularly, update your apps and maintain enough storage space.
- When should I seek professional help?
- If the problem persists after trying the suggested solutions, it may be time to reach out to professionals.
While Google may not want you to deal with the error by resorting to removing the entire function from the phone, for some people keeping the account action required error can be bothersome as they would have legitimate reasons for keeping this error on their phone.
There is no reason to avoid the error account action required; you don’t have to create a new Gmail account to stop the error Google account action required.
Now you can now remove it from the phone with the aforementioned software above. They come with a free trial and pack in plenty of features. Deal with the problem instead of accepting it.